Boddicker song dog question's

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Nodak72
coyotehunter

Boddicker song dog question's

Post by Nodak72 »

I bought A song dog last April, I've done A lot of experimenting with the different reed,s and using the extension's that come with it! My question is do A lot of you fellas that use them often, use the clear thicker reed that comes with it, or do you use one of the other,s that come's with the call! (or, do some of you sand A certain reed down, or tune it somehow!) Also, do A lot of you take off one, two, or all the extension,s?(Do some of you use different extension's for howling than you do for distress?) Went out last night driving around practicing howling, and I cant believe the difference one or two extensions make as far as pitch! Any way's I am curious as to the different opinions out there! :) thank's
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: Boddicker song dog question's

Post by Prairie Ghost »

The reed that comes in it is good if you're using it for your only call, (distress and howling). If you just want it to be a howler i kind of like the white reed that has a checkered pattern in it you can get a little deeper easier.

I have two of the extensions on mine but that has more to do with how it fits in my hand then tone.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: Boddicker song dog question's

Post by Coyotehunter »

I use the clear reed with one extention.
Coyotes Forever