Trail Cams

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: Trail Cams

Post by Prairie Ghost »

You need to keep your mind on the task at hand my friend don't you have a tricycle motor due anyday?
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

congrats on the new baby Levi. looks like Chris is gonna need a new hunting partner for a while.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
montycoyote

Post by montycoyote »

Sorry guys, I'm just trying to figure out what I have in my grove. Mostly deer pics but a few coons too. I'm not a trapper due to the 1. lack of training primarily and don't want to hurt the family pets. Also we heat with firewood so My time is limited for recreation. I'd love to call up some yotes and hope to catch some on the camera's because I know there here. No luck yet. I built an e-caller but no takers yet. I'll keep trying different setups and hopefully I'll get one on film. Thats why I love crusing this site. Great information and ideas.
Thanks for the great ideas. I've got some more tricks I'm going to try this fall.
I'll get the camera back out in a couple of weeks. Too many knats right now.
Monty
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

bucksnbears wrote:congrats on the new baby Levi. looks like Chris is gonna need a new hunting partner for a while.
Thanks guys, the wife and I actually go in tonight and they induce her tomorrow morning. I am more than ready, I can finally have a good hunting partner in a few years!!!! LOL :mrgreen:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

bucksnbears wrote:congrats on the new baby Levi. looks like Chris is gonna need a new hunting partner for a while.
I am always taking applications :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i'll send my resu'me :lol: :lol:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Your life will forever be changed in a great way!!
montycoyote

Post by montycoyote »

Hey all,
Just an update. I tested the Bushnell trophy cam again this spring outside on the deck in 3 shot picture mode. Sensitivity high , rest time 1 second, quality 8 megapixel
With this retest and running the camera almost 3 months on 8 aa batteries I was impressed. I couldn't get one full step in before the three pictures had fired. So as an update this camera is really fast. Like I said before I run it in video mode almost exclusively. After one week in the grove it grabbed 54 30 sec videos. Only 2 had nothing in them. I have a new fawn on the farm and a couple of bucks I'd never seen before. Can't wait till they develop completely. One looks like he could be respectable.
Monty
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Thanks for the update
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

how much are these????? i just bought another cuddeback no-flash yesterday at fleet farm for 149 :shock: :shock: PG, it would fun to put one with video capability near a m-44 :wink:
montycoyote

Post by montycoyote »

I bought my Bushnell Trophycam at Cabela's. Make sure you get the 8.0;5.0;3.0 megapixel model. The only drawback is
you can shoot either video or pictures for each setup. My friend has a moultree that will take 1 or two pictures and then video.
But he is paying for 8 c or d cell batteries every 3 months. My 8 AA batteries are still showing full after 3 months.
The Trophy cam is around $200.00 unless they go on sale which I havn't seen yet.
Hope this helps.
Monty
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

Ive had a Bushnell Trophy Cam running for 2,314 photos now on 8 rechargeable AA batteries here in the house. Still has "full bars" of battery juice.

Ive got two more in the field, battery life is extremely good on this camera.

I run moultrie I40s and these Trophy cams now. Both great cameras. Only advantage to the moultrie is the cost. The bushnell has a faster trigger, better battery life (especially being it runs on AA batteries) and its small size hides well.

Ill be phasing out the I40s for all Trophy Cams over the next year.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

You ain't just whistling dixie bucs :wink: