Looking for rubber snowshoe bindings

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: Looking for rubber snowshoe bindings

Post by Prairie Ghost »

and you guys consider yourselves "diehard"!!? :lol: Been there done that man most guys would have just driven around all day.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I love those cold days because noone else is out...especially the damn snowmobilers!
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Snowmobilers can definetly put a stop to calling in an area for the day!!

I had some of the best calling of my life in -44 and we didn't have to stay on many stands 20 minutes they either came and came hard or there wasn't anything within hearing distance.

there was absoulutely no wind at all so it wasn't as hard as it sounds like it was for that day with Chris and Levi. Snowshoes were a little troublesome if i remember right though :)
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Image these are not rubber but look like it. they are super fast to put on-take off. the shoes are called cresent moon. look at their sight for better explanation.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Update: I could not find the rubber bindings anywhere. So I bought some Faber brand ones at Cabelas. They secure by a canvas strap around the back of your foot and laces that cinch down over the top of your arch. I put them on last night.

Not what I was looking for but if I find the rubber ones I'll buy those too and then I have backup bindings in case. Maybe papapete can hook me up with another set of 10 dollar snowshoes, then I will have two sets!
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Fallguy,
Here's a great one I used to use.Solid
.http://snowshoe.com/index.cfm?pageid=31 ... =100A#100A

Here's what i use now.Cheaper and very good.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... ISO-8859-1
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Whatever rubber binding chris put on the snowshoes we use are awesome. Maybe he will post the internet link he bought them from. One word of advice. COLD DAYS put them in the cab with you. Dont be like Chris and myself, -27 degrees trying to put frozen binding over your boot! You will be crying just like we did!!!!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Dcoy wrote:
Here's what i use now.Cheaper and very good.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... ISO-8859-1
Dcoy those are the exact ones I bought. Notice how they were marked down. I had the lady at Cabela's price match their online price and I got them for the 25 bucks.

I am happy to hear that you like them. Any tips or things you have seen when using them? How well does that lace cinch thing keep working? I tightened the rubber attachment strips as tight as I could, but have you ever had them loosen on you? I also wish I could get some extra strips to carry in my pack, should they come loose in the field. Ever seen those for sale? I discovered that my "big" boots won't fit in them. My big boots are Cabela's Predator Extreme...they are massive but warm. So I will have to wear my Rocky Wildcats when using my snowshoes.

Levi

Thanks for the advice!
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

They are very,very good.I'm confident you'll like them.They are on/off fast and don't bust your hands,knuckles etc like the all rubber Maki type.
We have found them to be tough and reliable.Couple thoughts or tips:
1.When its cold avoid stepping on the plastic 'snaps'-we had one bust last year but the snap on my back pack worked in place and all was well.Only happened once but a thought.
2.Big boots can be an issue but pretty darn big ones will work well.Initially,perhaps the first year or two with that type,I wouldn't loosen them much and just try 'force' my foot in to save time-particularly when its really cold out.A mistake.Loosen and then slide each boot fully in,then tighten each time.Works/performs much better that way.The 'loosener' looks a little 'mickey mouse' but works and has never failed me.
I think you'll be happy.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Fallguy,
One more thing.If you have any failure,I'd bet its the attachment to the shoe itself.After a couple years of hard use,they might have to be replaced.No biggie,leather strips will do.
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Dcoy

Awesome! Last night before putting them on I was worried I wouldn't like them. I had the elusive Bob Maki bindings in the back of my mind! We will roll with these!
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Cool.
I think your friends with the all rubber type will switch over after seeing yours in action unless you travel with your shoes in the truck like Chris and Levi do to keep them warm.Man that must get crowded since the word is those guys travel with blow up dolls in the truck as well. :shock:
I'd better be careful,my Illinois bow buddy is due any minute for a few days of pheasants and yotes and God knows whats in his truck!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Never leave home without our blow up women! They hold onto our snowshoes for us!!!! We dont travel like we use too, we usually keep the bare minium in the cab and carry the rest of our crap in totes in the back of the truck (extra camo, warm cloths, patch kit for chris's blow up doll, ect, ect)
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Geez you guys and your dolls!!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

At least mine comes with a self heater to help keep me warm :lol: :lol: Levi and i have been using the Bob Mahki (sp) for a few years now and let me tell you i dont think there is a faster binding than those when you leave them in a warm truck. I could be wrong though, maybe the more experienced snow shoe guys who put them on for fun just to go walking around in the snow will have a better idea :roll: We always need to reach in the back of the truck to grab the shotgun or caller or something before we go on stand so what is one more thing. I drive a crew cab so levi can have the whole backseat with his blow up road wife :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!