Looking for rubber snowshoe bindings

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Fallguy
coyotehunter

Looking for rubber snowshoe bindings

Post by Fallguy »

Anyone know where I can find some rubber snowshoe bindings for those military snowshoes? I got a pair last year real cheap but there is no bindings. Let me know. Thanks.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: Looking for rubber snowshoe bindings

Post by lyonch »

fallguy if you have the same ones i do for bindings and shoes, there was a small rope that should have come with them, that you tie onto the snow shoe. I can take a pic and show you on how i did it. The only hint i have is that when you tie the knot, make sure that you put some super glue on it or they will come untied when you least expect them too. Then you have to explain to your buddy why it was so comical when you went tumbling down the hill :oops: :oops:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

FG

This type?

flexibinding.jpg
flexibinding.jpg (24.39 KiB) Viewed 10467 times
I think they're referred to as "Flexi" or "Flexy" rubber bindings.

I just bought a set of H bindings and remember the Flexy type cost around $25 or so. I may be mistaken but I think they break down from UV so may be wise to buy new.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Fallguy i think i read your post wrong. now that i have re-read what you wrote i am taking it as you bought the snow shoes really cheap last winter and now are looking for some snow shoe bindings. These are the ones that i have. i know some poeple love them and some people hate them. I am not partial either way. They get the job done and i haven't had any problems yet.

Chris Lyon

xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

I have the same as the ones Pilgrim has shown, I picked mine up at Fleet Farm in Fargo, probably 10 years ago. It's now this last winter I noticed that they were starting to crack at the corners so i'll have to pick up a new set also. Lyonch those look pretty decent too, similar design. Where did you pick them up at?

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Xdeano if you jsut do a google search for Bob Maki Snow Shoe Bindings you will get a lot of hits with places that carry them. I bought mine off of a website. Let me tell you they can be a royal pain in the A$$ tryning to put them on in -30 weather though :shock: I look like a fat kid trying to get into a set of toddler shoes :wink:
Chris Lyon

Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

lyonch that is exactly what i am looking for.

i got those military snowshoes for 10 bucks last year---new!

i will do some online searching.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I use the same as what lyonch uses and they are the cats meow.

Lyonch when you want to put them on lean forward down on to your knees on the front of your snowshoes so you heels are straight up in the air and pull them over works great! It gives you some slack in them and makes it a lot easier.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

another trick, keep the snowshoes in your truck the biding stretch alot more easy over your boots, then when they are froze from being in the back of the truck
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

LeviM wrote:another trick, keep the snowshoes in your truck the biding stretch alot more easy over your boots, then when they are froze from being in the back of the truck
Thats how my fat backside gets in them from now on!! Levi and i discovered this when we were hunting coleharbor last year. It was -28 on the truck thermometer and there was about a 20+mph wind on stand one and we wanted to get out there when it was dark yet. Before you know it there sits two coyote hunters all dressed in a ton of clothes rolling around on the ground teasing each other how fat they are trying to get -28 degree rubber to stretch. sad to say it was broad daylight before we got out there. Now the snow shoes go in the back of the truck and when you go to put them on they slide right on like its the middle of the summer :D
Chris Lyon

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

please everyone learn from our mistake, that sucked big time!!! Please put any rubber bidings that are on snowshoes inside the cab with you
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

LOL I can only imagine that scene lyonch...lol
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

"fat guy with frozen bindings".....music playing! that would have been one for the site kind of like the chicken dance!!!! lololololo :lol:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i bought a pair of shoes after the kenmare tourny and they have very flexable ratcheting type binders. they are very fast and secure even for us fat guy's. suck in a breath-lean down-pull and ratched-done!!!. i paid allot for the shoes and think most of the $$$ was in the binding. i will try tommaro to post pictures
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Prairie Ghost wrote:"fat guy with frozen bindings".....music playing! that would have been one for the site kind of like the chicken dance!!!! lololololo :lol:
LMFAO :lol:

The worse part from that experience we could keep our gloves on because we had to get a good grip to stretch those bindings, so after 2 minutes of -25 degrees and 20mph wind, we were both secretely crying on each side of the truck, hope your buddy doesnt walk over with his snow shoes on before and sees you. We would have to warm our fingers up in the truck for 5 minutes, then go try again. Finally when we got them on, our fingers were already numb, we planned on walking that section out, but we only made it barely 20 minutes on stand and had to go warm up.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"