What Decoy?

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

EO caller

What Decoy?

Post by EO caller »

I've never used a decoy. I dont use electronic calls so whats the end all be all decoy that doesn't go with a e-call. :?:
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: What Decoy?

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Don't care to use a "decoy" such as a prey animal (rabbit or turkey) I've tried them and had mixed results. The only decoy i believe in is a live dog during denning season
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I used a decoy a couple of times on some older coyotes i could'nt get to come in any closer for a shot and other than that i have'nt used it since. I don't believe a caller in the wide open areas really needs it on most stands and the only callers that may gain by useing one are the ones that call in the thick stuff in the southern or Eastern states...
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Thanx Guys. I was wondering if anybody was going to reply. :cry: It seems like alot of coyotes have hung up lately and I thought a decoy might help. I'm calling alot of country that i've called before and was looking for a way to change it up. I've changed the setup and the calls, time of day, all that. Probly going to have to start travelling to new country for a while. :(
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Used a Quiver Critter the other day and had one come in down wind. It could have easily went about 15 yards more down wind and busted us but his attention was on the critter. He came to about 75 yards and my uncle .223ed him.Its the first time I had called using a decoy and have to say I wasn't dissapointed. Probly not for every set but I'll use it again. :wink:
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

I have a Quiver Critter and I really like it. I dont use it on every stand but there is a time and a place for it I think. I have had really good luck on having them commit to the call once when they see it instead of hanging up out there a ways. One of my favorite little tricks is to hang it upside down from the top fence wire and have a small rope tied to the wire and start calling and shake the rope as your calling. It brings them in running. They hear the call and think something is tangled up in the fence and come running down the fence line looking. :mrgreen:
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

You might look at the Mojo decoy. I have just started using it but have not had any coyotes come in to see it so I cannot say good or bad about it. You do see them on hunting videos though.
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

The bucking the odds boys use a mojo on every stand, there sponsered by them now but they look like a good one especially for kitty's.