Savage rifle

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

tubbyrob

Savage rifle

Post by tubbyrob »

Hello everyone i was looking for a intro section but could not find one so i figured i would kill two birds with one stone. Im new to coyote hunting and looking forward to learning as much as possible form everyone here.

On to my first question on this board. Does anyone have any comments or reviews on the savage Weather Warrior Series
Model 116FHSAK – with AccuTrigger™, AccuStock™, and Hinged Floorplate. I was looking into it but cant seem to find any reviews on it. If anyone has any comments on it i would apprecite it.

Thank You
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: Savage rifle

Post by lyonch »

I think the gun you are talking about is fairly new on the Savage line of fire arms. I could be wrong though since i am not real familiar with a savage rifle. I do know that there has been a lot of good reviews on the savage line of rifles lately. I have been told that some people really like the accutrigger and some people absolutely hated it. I personally feel that i wont like it, but that is just my opinion. Good Luck and welcome aboard.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

savage rifles are a bit uglier than my mother-in-law but they do shoot very well. the accu-trigger is great for bench shooting but can be a pain in a heat of the moment type situation. i dismantled my accutrigger. overall they make a great rifle for the $$.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
tubbyrob

Post by tubbyrob »

I really like the idea of the Muzzle break which is why this rifle caught my eye. What is everyone's thoughts on that. The idea of less recoil is something that interest me. Can the break be added to any rifle by a gunsmith?

Thanks for the input and the warm welcome.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

bucksnbears wrote:savage rifles are a bit uglier than my mother-in-law but they do shoot very well. the accu-trigger is great for bench shooting but can be a pain in a heat of the moment type situation. i dismantled my accutrigger. overall they make a great rifle for the $$.
I have heard only good things about the out of box accuracy. Never owned one, never will, I am a remington guy. Lots and Lots of people like savage though!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Red Fox
coyotehunter

Post by Red Fox »

I sold all my Remingtons and bought Savage. I can do all my own gunsmithing at home and can change out barrels to a different caliber if needed. It is a modular system.The floating bolt head is unique to Savage. It allows for more consistant locking in the chamber area and is a real stong point in the accuracy. I have shot and owned my share of them and none of them would shoot over 1/2 inch if I was shooting well. This was not sporadic grouping either. Even the cheap Stevens models are buildt the same way but are lacking the Accu Trigger. Some use the gun to build custom rifles out of. They are more accurate than I can shoot them. Try one you will like it.
223sav
coyotehunter

Post by 223sav »

My choice would be the Savage as well, I have the savage ten package(.223), kept the scope it came with, very accurate out of the box. Unless you want really long range, this would be my choice. I feel I can shoot it dead on out to 250-300 yds, but I prefer to get'em close as well. For the money, one of the best beaters around. I also like the accutrigger, personal preference, haven't had any issues with it.