cold weather gear

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

cold weather gear

Post by bucksnbears »

here's a piece of gear that you don't hear much of but i've been using them for years and they really are the cat's meow. it's a white neck gaitor. a friends daughter made me 2 fleece ones about 5-6 years ago and let me tell ya, they are awesome.i don't like facemasks so i usually wear a white staking hat and the gaitor goes over my neck. if i get cold i can pull it up over my face and there is still enough leaghnth to cover my neck. i wore it today on all my sets and forgot just how awesome they are.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Re: cold weather gear

Post by Critrgtr »

"when i grow up, I want to be like Mitch" :lol: :lol: :lol: That is funny. True but very funny.
The Outdoorsman
coyotehunter

Post by The Outdoorsman »

Is it just a piece of fleece thats sewn down the back side? And how would it stay up on your face? Elastic band in it or something?? I've been looking for a new face protector thats easy to slide up and down and will stay on my face when covered.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

it's basically a fleece tube about 12-14 inches long fits just by friction. actually, its a double sided tube. keeping your neck warm is key to staying warm.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

That is probably why I get cold sometimes is I never cover my neck. I will have to try that out.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
The Outdoorsman
coyotehunter

Yeah I agree with keeping your neck warm, I used to wear a half fleece face mask around my neck while I wore my heavy full head face mask but it made calling hard. I like the idea of something I can easily slide up and down and I love fleece!!!!!
The Outdoorsman
coyotehunter

I know this is a little bit of an old subject but like I said, been gone for awhile. Would like to say thanks to bnb for this idea. Went to the fabric store and bought a yard of camo fleece (grays and whites) and had my fiance's mom sew them them up (got 3 of them out of a yard) with elastic bands to go around your face and nose area. Let me say, just awesome thing to have, very lightweight but yet since the ones I had made were double lined fleece, the wind stayed out and my warmth stayed in!!!! I'lkl use these for deer hunting and coyote hunting. I will post pics up soon on here of the ones I had made. Thanks again bnb for the idea and tips.