retractable teather

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

lyonch
coyotehunter

retractable teather

Post by lyonch »

Has anyone used the retractable teather from Nikon? I have read most of the reviews on them that i can find, but it seems everyone that posts a review is a bow hunter and say it's too noisy for them. Personally if i am ranging a coyote, its because he is at that 250 plus mark. For some reason i misplaced my rangfinder at the classic and have no idea what i did with it :oops: leica 800 lrf :cry: Well now i am looking at picking up the leica 1200 crf now and was trying to think of a better way to carry teh rangfinder. I use the bino-flex system on the binoculars and thought i could just attach it to that as long as it retracted like the teather is suppose to. Just curious what your opinions would be on it.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
devildogg
coyotehunter

Re: retractable teather

Post by devildogg »

hey lyonch never tried the retractable thing but if you are going to get a new range finder look at the 1000rx from leupold i had a old leica the big square one and when it got cold out the button was amost impossible to push. so i was able to take it back and thought i would try the leupold out and if i didnt like it bring it back a shell out the extra 200 for the leica. well im pretty impressed with it. the reticle is a little hard to see against the snow but easily managable and it works relatively good out to about 600 yrds give or take in the winter with the snow in the fall it really works good to about 800 yrds. but for the most part i cant hit nothn past a little over 300 anyway so its pretty awsome for me. thought i would give a litlle tid bit and help you save a little money. they are very small and handy too.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

devildogg wrote: but for the most part i cant hit nothn past a little over 300 anyway so its pretty awsome for me. thought i would give a litlle tid bit and help you save a little money. they are very small and handy too.

You and I are in the same boat at the 300 mark only you stated yours is a little over well mine is right at that distance :wink: Thanks for the input. I can't remeber which rangefinder model levi uses (leupold something), but he seems to like it. So i take it you had the LRF rangfinder then from leica. The CRF that leica has is almost a spitting image of the leupold. I am curious if you ever tried the ballistics portion of it. Levi mentioned his can do a ton of different things besides just range. Again thanks for the input.
Chris Lyon

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Chris. can't help on the teather but here's what iv'e been doing to all my whites. get a hold of some old white sweatshirts or white jeans and cut the sleaves off of leggs off. then glue them together on one end or sew them. i use silicone caulking. than i glue them to my suit to wherever i want them. usuallt one big pocket dead-center chest and a couple extras on the sides. i even do this to pants. cut them to whatever leangnt you want. you can glue velcro to them if needed to keep them closed. may not win a fasion derby but it works great. the silicone also works great for making a ghili suit. glue the strips one. it does'nt take much glue to get a good weld. i make the front poket big so i can drop my range finder and remote in fast.if needed ImageImage
Last edited by bucksnbears on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Thanks for the tip Bucks :wink:
Chris Lyon

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

retractable teather from Nikon?

I have a few small ones i use for my hand calls and i have another one simular to the Nikon but have not used it yet.. What i don't like about the one i have is it don't have a lock.. We use simular for our C.B. mikes that have the lock on them.. If you go to a truck stop near by they will have the ones with the locking system which works simular to one of those shades you pull on once or twice to get it to go up...
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

I have the leica and worried about loosing it so I tied it to my fanny pack that I use, just as tied my fox pro to the fanny pack (no remote to old)and I hate having my calls around my neck banging and clanging so they also go in the pack and are tied to it, this way when I jump up and start high five'in myself :shock: or what ever...all my stuff stay's with me :D
Attachments
as you can see just a small pack
as you can see just a small pack
a proud member of the "IF" team
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

and BUCK"S thats one ugly jacket :lol: :lol: :lol: seriously ...... here's some thought???? slight breeze in the air, just enough to move those thread's hanging on your body and nothing else around moving :)
a proud member of the "IF" team
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

yeah, it clashes with my dashing good looks but it really blends in when bowhunting in the snow. :D i don;t dare show the pants. :shock:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Bucs,
Reminds me of the Scarecrow in my neighbors garden. :lol:
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i'll put it up for bids next year at the Luke O tourney. the $ will go towards the scholarship :D
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

bucksnbears wrote:i'll put it up for bids next year at the Luke O tourney. the $ will go towards the scholarship :D
I'll start the bidding right now, $5.00 that thing is classic!!! :lol:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

LeviM wrote:
bucksnbears wrote:i'll put it up for bids next year at the Luke O tourney. the $ will go towards the scholarship :D
I'll start the bidding right now, $5.00 that thing is classic!!! :lol:
if that jacket could talk :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: . Chris, scuba dive shops may have what your looking for. ??? it's for dive flags
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Good thinking bucks!! I will have to give them a call this afternoon to see what they come up with :D We have a couple of them right here in st. cloud.
Chris Lyon

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

That jacket is the ticket right there goes to show money don't buy everything!!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!