coyote caller's vest

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tbush
coyotehunter

coyote caller's vest

Post by Tbush »

Been putting some thoughts into a calling vest of some sort, unless there is one already, and need input.... vest white or camo,pockets big enough with zippers to hold a fox pro or wt speaker, pockets for remote,calls,drag rope, range finder,gps,camera. all with D-rings to teather stuff to, no velcro just zippers, have thought about magnets to hold pockets closed but don';t know the effects on electric stuff? tell me what you guys would like to have and where, Then I'll get things started 8)
a proud member of the "IF" team
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: coyote caller's vest

Post by Tim Anderson »

The vest is a good idea for the warmer month's but dureing the winter its just too much bulk for me and something else to fight with to get it on over my warmer clothes.. I have a Cabela's guide series snow camo jacket that has a good asortment of pockets and is really handy and warm.. No room in the pockets for the WT though. :shock:
There is a place in central Mn close to a town called Cottonwood (west of Wilmar) that will make you up a jacket of youre choice of camo and what you want for warmth, and pockets. Have'nt gotten a chance to check them out yet but will do it soon..
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i like the magnet idea. how about a back pouch like bird hunters have
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Primos makes a white one with all sorts of pockets.Was on sale last year at Allpredatorcalls.com.
I ordered it and it was too much-like Tim said.
I sent it back and stayed with my backpack.
ducksmuggler
coyotehunter

Post by ducksmuggler »

I hunt in over whites and put my turkey vest on over my jacket then put on my whites. Its not perfect but works for me. I did enlarge the reach through holes on the sides and cut a slit in the shoulder for the strap that keeps the gun up to your shoulder
If its good enough; Better is achievable
Justin C.
coyotehunter

Post by Justin C. »

I also use a turkey vest or sometimes a backpack.
I haven't found the perfect setup though
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I certainly think there is a place for them i have a turkey vest that i have used during denning season. The magnet pockets idea is a good one.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

I got one of those Randy Anderson Primos white vests for Christmas and that thing has a ton of pockets. I wear a Kings snow camo Jacket and got the vest in 2x so even over my jacket I can still move freely.

So far so good but my only gripe is that it has so many pockets, I forget where I put stuff and end up going thru them all only to find what ever call I am looking for in the last pocket I check. Oh well.

Jaybic
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Funny how its always that last pocket that you looked in instead of the first one you looked in and then kept searching :lol: :wink:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I have a tendency to look in my first pocket and feel that its not there then go through all my other pockets i have on my and only come to find out its in the first one i checked :oops: Or you can feel it on you but you can't find the pocket that its in :lol:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!