shooting stick snow shoes

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: shooting stick snow shoes

Post by Tim Anderson »

But if the ball sinks into the snow some would'nt you still have the same amount of surface area holding the bi-pod as you would with a half of a ball since the outer dia. is the same???? As for the ice problem just take a foot and break the crust..

When i'm calling in snow i just take my foot and sweep a area clear of it for the bi-pod or knock it down so the bi-pod can be moved if needed..
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

once the ball has sank into the snow it is the same. But if you dont want the crust to break, the more initial surface area will better prevent it. i guess we just looked at it differently thats all :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

let me explian it a bit more ..The idea of half a ball is to act like a snow shoe and the hole cut in it allows you to slide the ball up/down, Lets say your hunting in 3 ft of snow,I just sit down, I don't clear a spot, so now my rifle with out shoes on sinks to deep in the snow,BUT if I have shoes on the bottom of the stick it just sits to high or I have to spead them out so far they want to slip or won't allow my sticks to swivel very well,( mine have ball bearing swivels on each leg and attached to the gun) "www. snipepod.com" so I just slide up the ball to the correct height I need and I'm set :D then the next set I'm on bare grnd I can have the balls so they are up and not on the grnd at all...so being adjustable they fit diff. situations..
a proud member of the "IF" team