painting a stock.

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: painting a stock.

Post by bucksnbears »

yep, gonna leave it as is. if there so close they can see a sharpie line there close enough for a spitzer :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

bucksnbears wrote:yep, gonna leave it as is. if there so close they can see a sharpie line there close enough for a spitzer :D
That is very true bucks :D Like i mentioned, it's just personal preference. I will have to snap a pic and upload it when my rig gets a face lift :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

its missing a coyotehunter.net decal :wink:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
rorycoyote
coyotehunter

Post by rorycoyote »

hey looks good. bucks i have seen you have painted several. i would like to know if there is a reason why you havent painted the barrels? the biggest reason i did on mine was because then it wouldnt rust when left in the truck or out when those heavy wet snows start coming down.
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

Hey Bucks on that last picture if your wanting people to look at the gun you shouldnt have them big ol Whiteies hanging on the wall. I am a Mule Deer fan myself but them 4 did get my attention. :wink: Nice looking deer. O ya and the rifle looks good to. :D
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

thanks Critter :D Rorycoyote, i did paint 1 barrel on a .22lr and it turned out real good, but i am going to leave the barrels of my other rifles as is. my .280 with the stainless barrel looks real cool. if anyone wants to do this, make sure the gritty paint gets plenty of time to dry. it takes alot longer then regular spray paint.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Now I am thinking your need a schmitties decal on there!!! :mrgreen:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

LeviM wrote:Now I am thinking your need a schmitties decal on there!!! :mrgreen:
find one :mrgreen: :D
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Bucks, Let me do some digging!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Schmidt beer? Is that what you guys are talking about? I tried that stuff once when I was rodeoing in Idaho I think. They dont have it in Oregon I dont think. I had to put in a chew of Copenhagen to stomach it, you guys must be tougher than us west coast guys. :lol: :lol: :oops:
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

EO caller wrote:Schmidt beer? Is that what you guys are talking about? I tried that stuff once when I was rodeoing in Idaho I think. They dont have it in Oregon I dont think. I had to put in a chew of Copenhagen to stomach it, you guys must be tougher than us west coast guys. :lol: :lol: :oops:
How do you think we stay warm in the winter???? :D :D Schmidt beer, and bucknbears chilli!!!! :mrgreen:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
ducksmuggler
coyotehunter

Post by ducksmuggler »

LeviM wrote:
EO caller wrote:Schmidt beer? Is that what you guys are talking about? I tried that stuff once when I was rodeoing in Idaho I think. They dont have it in Oregon I dont think. I had to put in a chew of Copenhagen to stomach it, you guys must be tougher than us west coast guys. :lol: :lol: :oops:
How do you think we stay warm in the winter???? :D :D Schmidt beer, and bucknbears chilli!!!! :mrgreen:

Or like me and collect the schmidt beer stuff too

" the brew that grew the great north west"
If its good enough; Better is achievable
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

ducksmuggler wrote:
LeviM wrote:

Or like me and collect the schmidt beer stuff too

" the brew that grew the great north west"
:D see ya tonight boys Bucks, over and out.............. :) :)
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

just to let you guys know, the gritty paint does not hold up well to areas where there is aolt of hand contact. the grit does wear off but still looks kinda cool as the colored specs still stay.
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

Thanks for that info. Will have to keep that in mind. Also do you usually just do one coat on there or how many does it usually take.