looks interesting

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

looks interesting

Post by bucksnbears »

the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: looks interesting

Post by lyonch »

Personally i am not a fan of MOA adjustments when in the field. I prefer my knob to be in yards, so i dont have to over think everything :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i'm with you!!. i still use a standard x-hair. that was a hell of a shot though :shock:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

That does look interesting for sure. I have that same scope on my rifle now but it only has the 40mm objective and it has the varmint hunter reticle. I wonder if mine could be modified? I will have to check into that(kinda gullible that way I guess).

Jaybic
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

go to kenton industries.com and check out their knobs for leupold scopes vxIII or vxII you call them give them all the information on your load your gun muzzel velocity temp and altitude they will make it for you no sending your scope off no screwing around just pop the plastic cap off the elevation (on vxIII) knob and screw it on and your good out to about 600-650 yds. very simple all in yards no thinking just range em and dial it in. mine is in 25 yrd increments.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Leupold custom shop will do the same thing for $90. Give them the load info and they will build you a turret in yds . That guy on grey bull precision is the original shooter for the best of the west.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I am having one built for my leupold scope as we speak, and day I should have it on my door step :mrgreen:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

LeviM wrote:I am having one built for my leupold scope as we speak, and day I should have it on my door step :mrgreen:
ya think it's gonna help :P
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

wont hurt!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

I like MOA, it's just as quick as the Bull system. It's not the elevation that's going to get a person it's the damn wind. Anyone can adjust for elevation once they figure out what their drop is. That's kind of like the BORS system made for scopes, sure it'll take in your ballistics and atmospherical data and give you a drop, but no wind.

The problem I have with the Bull turrets is that you can give him your velocity and bc of your bullet you intend on using, but they don't take into effect of weather changes such as Temperature. Some may know what the difference in temperature on powder and velocty, some powders can be pretty drastic. Another out be altitude, you change altitude and you're all out of wack with the Bull system.

There are a lot of things that can't be controlled. SO if you guys are thinking about the Bull system, i'd think long and hard.
It looks nifty, but...is it?

If you're looking for a good scope I have a Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50mm for sale.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I use the Kenton BDC dials on two of my scopes which are the same as the system mentioned above. If I remember correctly I think I paid 40.00 per dial. I've tested mine out to 800 yds and it puts the bullet where it should and even with a temp change its still close enough to hit a coyote. For guessing wind drift i've always just used the coyotes body for hold... I also have a Leupold scope with the var. reticle I can't get it to work with my High vel cartridges as far as bullet drop goes but the windage marks it has seem to be pretty reliable so I may have 1 or 2 kenton dials made up for windage..
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

My .204's scope is a Weaver V16 w/ fine crosshair. The reticle is simply two very fine intersecting lines.

I'm about to send the scope to TK LEE (see photo example) to have a pair of custom mil-dots added (on horizontal line) that will enable me to bracket a 32" object at 400 yards (adult coyote is 32" long, 32" tall). That way I know instantly whether a coyote is within or beyond 400 yards.
Attachments
This is a photo I borrowed off the WWW.  Note how the owner had dots placed wherever needed.  Like the custom BDC reticles mentioned in the post, dots can be created for drop, windage, brackets... all custom/ placed according to owner's wishes.
This is a photo I borrowed off the WWW. Note how the owner had dots placed wherever needed. Like the custom BDC reticles mentioned in the post, dots can be created for drop, windage, brackets... all custom/ placed according to owner's wishes.
tkleedot.jpg (17.88 KiB) Viewed 14445 times
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

where are you finding 32" tall coyotes?
Coyotes Forever
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

I think it's a feature available on weaver scopes.You can order them in sizes up to 60 inches-in case you want really big pelts.
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

CH_

Standing with head up (height) toes to eartips, broadside length from nose to rear (exclude tail).
coyote32pic.jpg
coyote32pic.jpg (5.49 KiB) Viewed 14356 times