finally mitten that work.

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

ducksmuggler
coyotehunter

finally mitten that work.

Post by ducksmuggler »

A good family friend from Ely MN has a side business of making outdoor gear. She makes some awesome mittens; these are a pair she did for me last Oct. The diff. from these to the standards is only that my'n are insulation between the fleece.. and in snow camo.... not a standard color for her.

larger flaring at to fit over large jackets; and slide off for shooting very easily.

This shows the flaring better, the liners double layered 200 gram polar fleece with insulation in between.

and lastly! the wind proof lining on the top, and water proof on the bottom.

If its good enough; Better is achievable
rorycoyote
coyotehunter

Re: finally mitten that work.

Post by rorycoyote »

those look like good mittens. that is the biggest problem i have when it gets cold. i never could keep my fingers warm enough until a rough neck taught me an old trick. put laytex gloves on the inside of what ever you are wearing.
ducksmuggler
coyotehunter

Post by ducksmuggler »

I have used that trick and it kinda works for me.... but being a diabetic all my life; hence the cold fingers and feet. I need things that will keep my digits warm or are able to rewarm frozen throbbing fingers...
If its good enough; Better is achievable
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Good concept and functionablitiy. I hope they work out for you. I "usually" don't get cold fingers, so for now i will stick with my hot shot mittens.
Last edited by lyonch on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
cb186
coyotehunter

Post by cb186 »

Will she be making these mittens available?

I have perpetually cold fingers, so for years my winter setup has been light motocross gloves(not too tight) inside of the inexpensive, fleece lined, deer skin mittens. I havent been able to find them for years now, so luckily i bought 3-4 pair of them last time. They are very loose around the cuff so I can slip them on and off easily(a little shake would pop them off, even with a rope release on my wrist). I would certainly be interested in a pair or two(a regular camo would be great too) to try out this winter.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I would sell those on the site if she can drop ship.
Coyotes Forever
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

I would be possibly interested in a couple pairs of them to in the snow camo if you can get them in the coyotehunter.net store.
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Count me in , on a pair or two . I have been looking around and haven't found anything to my liking yet. The best thing I have found is a pr. of old leather choppers with a wool mitten inside. When it is really cold , I put handwarmers inside. I am pretty cold blooded and my hands get cold pretty fast. I think those mittens would sell pretty darn good. The store would be a good place to sell them.