A good coyote rifle?

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

desertdog
coyotehunter

A good coyote rifle?

Post by desertdog »

Hi,im new here and i have a question.I recently purchased a new Remington 700adl .243 with snthetic stock and put a Leupold vx-3 scope and harris bi-pod.The rifle came with the new x-mark trigger.I know the scope is good,what about these syn. stocked adl's?I bought it at a wal-mart and the action was all burred up,Gander Mtn. gunsmith smoothed it up under warranty but now im wondering about the quality of this Remington.Anyone else had this experience?I want to use it as a coyote rifle.Thanks.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: A good coyote rifle?

Post by bucksnbears »

i've got one of the same. works just fine. action was a little rough at first but is getting better
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

Wal-mart gets the same guns as everybody else. Its a remington 700, what more do you need to know..... If the gun don't shoot (factory barrel) which can happen with any gun. You always got a grade A action to build off of :)

Do you reload or are you shooting box ammo?
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
desertdog
coyotehunter

Post by desertdog »

Thanks for the response guys.I just got back from zeroing the vx-3 on my mod.700.Shot a 1.75'' 3 shot group at 100yds. with 17dollar a box 100gr. soft points.Not bad shooting over the hood of my truck with a rolled up coat for a rest,probably do better with a solid rest and trying differnt loads.I dont reload yet but thats next.Oh yea,I forgot to mention the 15-20mph West-Texas wind while sighting in.I'll keep the rifle and love the vx-3.
M.O.A.
coyotehunter

Post by M.O.A. »

try a 80gner u might like it better out off the rem.
and wind isnt a problem u just have to wait for it to stop lol sounds like a good combo