T/C Venture

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

243yote
coyotehunter

T/C Venture

Post by 243yote »

I am looking to get a new rifle and was wondering if anyone has a venture or knows anything about them. Im wanting something along the lines of .204 or .22-250 i just cant decide.
EO caller

Re: T/C Venture

Post by EO caller »

Both of them work great. Lots of posts around this site about the pro's and cons. But until recently I've packed one of each in the pick-up for calling.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

I had a 300 Win Mag T/C Venture. Pretty decent gun. Shot well. My buddy also has a medium heavy 22.250 T/C Venture but he always chooses his Tikka 250 first. Check out Tikka's also. I've had great luck with them. Dam near all new guns are guaranteed 1" groups at 100 out of the box, so find one that fits you and your comfortable with and practice, practice, practice.
kflan22
coyotehunter

Post by kflan22 »

I just picked up a venture in .223. Its alot of gun for the $479 i gave for it. i haven't done any reloading for it yet but 2 different kinds of factory ammo shot very well in it, easily under and inch, more like 1/2 inch. I think they are slightly better over all than the tikka's i've owned. Tikka has a nicer trigger, the venture has a better stock(in my opinion) and cost less.
Skinny Indian
coyotehunter

Post by Skinny Indian »

They worth the extra cash over cheaper offerings from say...Savage or Marlin?
Keep your powder dry.
kflan22
coyotehunter

Post by kflan22 »

Yes, the venture on the average should have a better stock, better finish, better barrel--so its worth the extra $100 bucks.

With that said, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a marlin or savage for a knockaround rifle. One of the best rifles I ever owned was a savage model 11 in .243. I shot many, many deer with that thing and still kick myself for getting rid of it. Looking back, it was one of the few rifles I actually had some sentimental attachment to.