Kings Camo

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

lyonch
coyotehunter

Kings Camo

Post by lyonch »

well here is what i have to report about the new 4-in-1 parka that i had purchased from coyotehunter.net. My buddies truck said it was -22 when we went to our last stand of the night and we had about a 10mph wind from the NW and all i had on was warm underarmour undershirt, a t-shirt, and a kings camo sweatshirt underneath that jacket and i lay down when i call and never once i did it even cross my mind that my upper body was cold at all. Let me tell you i give this jacket an A++. The jacket even stayed silent and pliable all night in those cold temps. Passed my field testing with flying colors.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
rhino
coyotehunter

Post by rhino »

That is good to hear. I have been looking at getting a coat like that.
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Does Kings camo make snow camo coverups?
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I really don't think so, you might want to check out there website!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

They make cover up snow shadow pants, and a light weight jacket. They call it their Snow Shadow rain wear. both are available here in the store.
Coyotes Forever
Squeege

Re: Kings Camo

Post by Squeege »

I have that 4 in 1 on order, nice to hear you like it. - 39 up here with the wind chill.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I hate to say it gentlemen but they are going to quit making the 4 in 1 parka. I had a t-shirt on and only a t-shirt underneath the jacket this weekend and it was -14 at the warmest point in the day and really windy. I was literally sweating the whole time. The only downfall to the jacket is that is doesn't breath at all. You can take the jacket in half and wear just the outter shell and that does breath. I still love the jacket and its sad to hear that they are going to quit making it. I will give a full report on the rainwear pants after the classic :wink:
Chris Lyon

Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

That kings camo looks nice but damn is it expensive.

I just can't see dropping 60 bucks for a coverup shell...and that is JUST the coat. Thats the going price here at Scheels in GF.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

just my opinoin you get what you pay for, and Kings Camo is top of the line Camo! Just one mans opinion, and I know alot of people on here love kings camo, and for good reason!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I suppose if you take care of it it will last a long time.

So, are all the people here a fan of it because they like it that much, or is it because that is what is sold in the store? :wink:
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Well i wore the rainwear pants all weekend and never once got a cold or wet rear end!!! They are awesome pants and more than worth it of you ask me. Dont be fooled by the cover ups they sell at scheels. These are not the rainwear pants. The rainwear pants have a lining on the inside of them much like a lining like swimming trunks.

Fallguy,
As far as people only liking Kings Camo cause it is sold in the store here isn't really the truth. The camo sells itself. I have washed my sweatshirt several times and it looks just like the day i bought it. You will wear a lot less underclothing with this brand of camo guranteed. Which in turn you are a lot lighter walking around. No wind will penetrate this camo either. I have owned the cheap stuff and i have owned some of the most expensive scent blocker line of camo and the kings camo has beaten them hands down!!!
Chris Lyon

Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

lyonch

this windproof/waterproof stuff: how does it do for noise? Is it quiet when it rubs together when walking, moving, etc? I know some GoreTex stuff can be really noisy. I wear a lot of Cabela's SilentWeave clothing which is completely silent, but not waterproof and the wind sometimes cuts through it. Just curious how this stuff does on the noise end.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

As far as there windproofing clothes go, they are completely silent just like anything else you wear that is silent. My 4 in 1 parka is completely silent. The rainwear pants have a slight noise to them when you walk. They sounds almost like you are wearing a pair of windbreaker pants only not quite as loud. The rainwear is the only stuff that makes any noise at all. The camo line is more quiet than my scentblocker clothes and a 100 times more durable. The material used in Kings camo is heavy duty (thats why i think it cost so much). Scheels now sells kings camo cover ups. The only downfall i noticed about some of the kings camo is that sometimes it doesn't want to breath very well. I think if you were to wear a sweat wick away (quick dry shirt) under all that clothing it would help dramatically for breathing. Thats why this stuff is as warm is it is too. At the classic i wore a long sleeve shirt, a kings camo sweatshirt, and jsut the outer shell of my 4 in 1 parka and i was way more than warm enough. On my legs i wore a pair of jeans, scent blocker pants, and the Ultra rainwear pants. My lower extremity was too warm.
Chris Lyon

Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

I wore the rain pants at the classic as well but found them to be a bit to noisey if the wind was not blowing the jacket which was brand new and not washed yet sounded like paper in the cold way to noisey BUT my son wore his whole outfit with no problems??? and my legs got hot and wet as they do not breath at all. just my 2 cents :)
a proud member of the "IF" team
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Sounds like you were working to hard Terry! The rain pants were a little noisy but I think as the day went on I didn't notice it all when chris was walking around.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"