decoys

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tbush
coyotehunter

decoys

Post by Tbush »

Just wondering what some of ya all think about decoys, mainly the electric spinning, turning type?? I thought they looked great and the concept seemed good. BUT used a buddies and called in a coyote he stopped couple hundred yards out and froze there, a pair came in behind him a waited until he slipped out of there. They came and froze in the same spot and slipped away, Then I did try one another time ,and one was coming and then up on her hind legs spun around jumping in the air, and off she went :cry: ( that would have been #7 for us at the classic but lets not talk about that ) :x anyway I gave up on the concept but it still interests me. :?:
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

We used to have a mounted fox that we took with a few times. It did not have a very good base and had trouble keeping it standing. when it stayed put and a coyote came in it worked great. You could almost see the smile on the coyotes face when he seen that red fox standing there.
Coyotes Forever
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I have used the riggor rabbit a few times and had the same result Tbush. I quit with the concept but still don't know why it didn't work better.

A puppy running around out in front you works great!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
sm8213
coyotehunter

Re: decoys

Post by sm8213 »

I have had two come in on my grey ragwool jeep cap. I was amazed when I realized what was happening. I was set up behind a berm both times. When I had my rifle up on my shoulder across the berm it put my head at close to ground level on the berm. I think they are focusing on the hat as they come in.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Seems like a lot to carry to a stand. I hardly want to carry the shotgun to every stand. Now with all the snow we got it looks we have to carry snow shoes
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Levi your supposed to wear those snow shoe's not carry them :wink: :lol: :lol:
a proud member of the "IF" team
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Tbush wrote:Levi your supposed to wear those snow shoe's not carry them :wink: :lol: :lol:

LOL

Thats what I am doing wrong!!! Your a comedian Today :lol:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
tdkahn
coyotehunter

Post by tdkahn »

I've thought about staking one of my dad's pigmy goats out about 50yds. He said that'd be fine if I can guarantee it's safety since the grandkids like to play with them.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

tdkahn wrote:I've thought about staking one of my dad's pigmy goats out about 50yds. He said that'd be fine if I can guarantee it's safety since the grandkids like to play with them.

LMFAO!! Let me know how that works for you :twisted: I want pics of the action and video taped :D I think it will work, but its the gurantee of the safety that has me concerned; but that's if i was shooting :shock:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

are those fainting goats??
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
tdkahn
coyotehunter

Post by tdkahn »

they might be when they hear the 22-250 go off. then again they might be pissing goats.
just plain old pigmy.
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

Tbush,

Have I got a deal for you!!!!! I have a Rigor Rabbit(40.00) AND some of those Renzo decoys(50.00+ fox, coyote, rabbits and a deer) and I will GIVE them to you on ONE condition; YOU MUST USE THEM ON EVERY SINGLE STAND NEXT YEAR AT THE NDCC!!!!!!

That is 90.00$ worth of decoys for FREE as long as the above condition is met!!!!! :D

Seriously, I have bought them and never given them an honest chance on coyotes so if anybody is interested I will sell them CHEAP. Too much junk to carry around IMHO. I did put the deer decoy out and had a 1 1/2 old buck come in and run away like his tail was on fire. The deer decoy is a fawn with spots. Guess that buck was kind of a sissy. I might have to try the fox thing once before I talk Tbush into using them at the Classic.

Tbush, I bet you win if you use them!!!!! Im sure of it! :D I was gonna use them but I figured it was an unfair advantage. :roll:

Jaybic