Binocular Question

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: Binocular Question

Post by Prairie Ghost »

the new ones really aren't any worse than a normal set of binos the old ones use to be a bit bulky but they have changed them.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Thanks again PG. I appreciate your input. I know you wouldn't steer a guy in the wrong direction :D
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Daryl wrote:Thanks for the input PG. Keeps looking more and more like I should get them. My christmas present to myself :wink: Some of you say they are bulky and heavy. They can't be much different then carrying binocs and a rangefinder. I would like to be able to look and range with one unit instead of looking then digging out the rangefinder and ranging. We will see.

My own opinion... on the bulkyness.

I consider a 50 MM objective to be bulky as well as I run a 40 MM to be more sleek and low profile on my all buisness rifle.

There is NO DOUBT they are the best there is for a combo Bino Range finder, I just prefer haveing seperate ~ Who Who dilly's.....

If I found them under my tree I wouldn't be unhappy,
Norm
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

I agree 50mm is big. The ones I were looking at as posted before are 10x42 and can't imagine there much larger or bulkier than my 10x40's. Put them on a bino harness and of ya go.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

did you buy them?
Coyotes Forever
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

I know a guy that has had them for several years and they work very well. A couple of years ago they broke, quit ranging, and he had contacted Leica directly to get them fixed or replaced with no luck. He then brought them into an electronics store for them to look at, hoping they would be able to fix them. No go. So he's just got a pair of expensive binos now. He went back to his back up rangefinder and ended up buying a new set of Leica a couple of years later, but it was an upgrade to Leica Vector. Now that's a sweet piece of equipment. And you thought the Geovids are heavy.

http://www.sintrade.ch/pdf/VECTOR_brochure.pdf

There are two different versions, the one they sell to the military for around 10K and the civilian ones for around 7K. Bit to rich for my blood though, i'll go sit down and shut up with the Leica 1200's.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

the only bad thing which is a BIG thing is that they have a three year warranty and then you're screwed!! :evil:
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

no shit, that is it............................
Coyotes Forever
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Thats it so treat them well.