Electronic Calls

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: Electronic Calls

Post by LeviM »

I have the foxpro and at first I was sticker shock, but when I started using it I couldn't believe the quality of the sounds. Its a great tool for the toolbag, i still perfer hand calls, but there are times the electronic call is handy

P.S~ Don't ever throw away the batteries like I did! They are rechargable, now I get to spend another $30 for Batteries! Talk about a rookie mistake
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
coyotelatrans
coyotehunter

Post by coyotelatrans »

I started out with mouth calls then a JS tape player with the 5lb battery !I had a WT older version didn't like it! I have been using a Minaksa Big country bandit for the last 1.5 years and it is great! Good sounds lot's of volume and the control pad is simple and easy. it has been a great caller. The "best" thing to me of an e call is it get's the sound away from you and that is very important IMO. You can setup the area and know where that coyote or coyotes will come in from by having that sound away from you and positioned properly! In a good setup and with a good e call you can cut down the approach and back dooring of many coyotes!

I mix in hand calls at times with the minaska but when I need alot of volume I use it with both speakers on and I have a really loud silver dog howler bewteen the 2 I can reach out to some coyotes on windy days and reach further on calmer days.

The beauty is your unlimited to the sounds you can put on it, not from a numbers stand point but from a sound stand point. I have many of the minaska sounds, some of my own recorded mouth call sounds and yet some from different sources, just change them to MP3 format and your good to go. I can give them some things others don't have and as a change up in heavy called areas that is a benefit.

Mouth calls are great and verstile to a point but the realism one can get from good quailty digital sounds takes it over the top and helps calling in coyotes for sure! Who could have thought back in the 80's with the record players, cassette jobs by JS and others that we would be where we are today will calling componants?

It still comes down to picking a good stand and working it right no matter if a guy uses a mouth call or E Caller and the coyotes still win no matter the technology we arm ourselves with, it is the pursuit of 100% that makes it all fun and I don't think no matter what we do we will ever get to that 100% called kill mark.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

coyotelatrans wrote:It still comes down to picking a good stand and working it right no matter if a guy uses a mouth call or E Caller and the coyotes still win no matter the technology we arm ourselves with, it is the pursuit of 100% that makes it all fun and I don't think no matter what we do we will ever get to that 100% called kill mark.

VERY WELL SAID!!!!!!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
60DRB
coyotehunter

Post by 60DRB »

Reviving this thread... I'm new here and have never "intentionally" hunted coyotes, but I've ambushed a couple while deer hunting. I hunt in southwest Alabama. The location I usually hunt is mostly wooded but does have an underground gas pipeline running across part of it (open area about a mile long and 100 yards wide). There are plenty of coyotes around the area and I want to start hunting them. Since I'm new to this I want to start with an electronic caller. The more different brands/types I read about the more confused I get. Is there one brand/type that is best suited specifically for coyotes? (I don't have any plans to hunt any other predators.)
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

Coyotehunter I have heard of this fx5 electronic predator caller and I think it would be a great addition to your arsenal. Ha ha ha boy a lot has changed since 2006.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

There are so many Ecallers on the market right now I would not even know were to begin. I have the CS24 right now from Foxpro that is light wt. and comes with a ton of volume.
Coyotes Forever