What videos do you like?

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

If you watch close in the video he doesn't say but it looks like it is a belted magnum case like .300 win mag or of that gender. The $100 video tells you everything they use I think I might buy it and have a talk with my gunsmith :shock:
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I was just curious if there were any videos out on how to skin and put up any fur? I notice the price jumps up dramatically if you can do it correctly.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Skinning for profit by Blaine Eddy is a good one for all around. "The two minute coyote" is a good one for just skinning.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I am trying to do some more studying into coyote Vocalizations. Does anyone know any videos that really focus on coyote sounds? Or any other info out there that gets into details about coyote vocalizations?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I have seen alot of guys tell their viewers what the different sounds are but I have not seen much footage of those actual sounds. I would question how many of them have even heard these sounds themselves. Just sitting thee watching and listening with out trying to kill the coyote. I have watched a video that Craig O"Gorman has with Vern Dorn that is about 7 hours in total length. That 3 video set has very lttle conversation but a whole lot of coyote vocalizations. Great video, unfortuantely the quality is very poor. It was shot in the early 80's thru the late 80"s. You do find yourself hanging on every word that is said though.

I just watched Craig O'Gorman's snare video #5 and John Grahams snaring video. There is alot of coyote behavior information in snaring and trapping videos for coyotes.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

If you want a place to start i would say try "Talking to Coyotes with the songdog" by Major Boddicker or Critr Calls he has done a lot of research on coyote vocalization and really breaks it down. You can also order his tape to listen to him on the call reproducing the sounds.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

very good tape. It never leaves my truck. I listen to it all the time.
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Brad your talking about the "Talking" book right? Or is there a video by Major also?
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I'm sorry ya its a book and then a cassete tape for the radio
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Thanks guys I will definetly look into the options. I really have developed an intrested in coyote vocalizations.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Rich Cronk

Post by Rich Cronk »

Guys,
The best video that I have seen in regard to howling up coyotes is called "dogging coyotes", and is offered by ELK Industries. If you watch this video, you will hear the howls that are used to bring the coyotes in and also you will hear the sounds made by coyotes as they challenge the decoy dogs.

I wish there was a way for me to upload sounds onto this board. I have quite a lot of experience in howling coyotes to the gun. I can tell you that most of what you read about coyote language is baloney. No human knows what every yip, bark or howl of a coyote means. There are only two or three sounds you need to learn on a good howler in order to call coyotes.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Majot does have a video to go along with the book. He also shot a video with Gerald Stewart and Tom Miranda that has some of his instruction as well.

Rich hopefully by next summer I will have it set up so we can play streaming video and upload and download sounds.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Rich can you email any of those sounds?
Rich Cronk

Post by Rich Cronk »

Brad,
I can E mail sounds to you, yes.
littlebigenuf
coyotehunter

Video with Dakota Influence

Post by littlebigenuf »

I am sorta new to calling coyotes but have been doing a lot of studying. I have watched a couple videos but they always seem to be hunting somewhere down south, on flat wooded lands, and it is usually appears to be spring seasonn. Are there any videos that show calling techniques in rougher areas such as western North Dakota and during the winter? Looking for any help I can get.