What videos do you like?

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

What videos do you like?

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I have about every video on the market that you can still get and am always looking for more.

What video do you like just for Entertainment Value

What video do you like for actual instruction or content

#1 Les Johnson's videos are a hoot to get together and watch over a couple of beers

#2 For the begginner i like Coyote Doctors or Randy Anderson's videos because they go over the basics. For someone that has the expierence i like Cal Taylors "Coyote Hunting has gone to the Dogs" for the use of decoy dogs and the interaction and coyote behavior or (the little bit i've seen of) Craig O'Gorman and Vern Dorns video.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I've watch a lot of videos but I would have to say my favorite videos are from Randy Anderson. His videos have taught me alot. I own everyone of his videos, and I will tell you the wife gets really upset having to watch them over and over.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I have all the Randy Anderson ones.

My 2.5 year old son likes Calling All Coyotes 2 because he likes the song at the beginning. I would have to agree it has the best soundtrack.

I think my favorite might be be a tie -Verminators Predator or Prey with Randy and Rick Paillet. They have some cool footage of a badger and fox and some deer which adds to the calling aspects of it. Pretty entertaining and I like all kinds of wildlife. The other one which ties it is probably the original Calling All Coyotes. I think its very honest and matter of fact and Randy explains a lot about strategy.

For all out calling techniqeus I would say Les Johnson's Predator Quest is a good video.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

I would agree with the Randy Anderson videos being most informative. I also have the 2 Les Johnson videos and many others trust me I could go on. Oh and have you seen the Vermanators Bowmania where they hunt coyotes with bow only it is cool but frustrating to see the ones they call in then not get a bow shot so they run off because they don't have rifles with them. There is another video I own called Beyond Belief now if you want to see a guy shoot Elk, Deer, Antelope, and Coyotes from 225yds out to 1078yds this is the video to get and no he is not using a .50 cal. These are standard weight hunting rifles. There is a incredible 1073yd shot on a coyote and a triple he calls in and shoots them all himself. I ordered it at www.thebestofthewest.net :wink:
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

There's TWO Les Johnson videos? What is the other one?
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Quest for Coyotes & Best of the Quest 8)
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Is Best of teh Quest a new one?
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Yes it just came out. I haven't found anyone that has it in stock yet though :cry:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Let me know when you find out!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

It looks like you can order it off of Les's site. Is it a new video or is it a greatests hits including the other video?
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Brad you can order it off Les's website :roll: . Yes it is a new one and its pretty good video.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I recently have been watching a video of Vern Dorn calling in coyotes with Craig O'Gorman. WOW! The film quality is really poor but it has some of the best footage of coyotes working dogs that I have ever seen. This is all summer den work but the vocalizations are what is so unique about this video.
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I was bored yesterday so I went and picked up a copy of that "Beyond Belief". I only watched about half of it and it was pretty neat to see. I don't remember them saying what caliber rifles they were shooting everytime. Did they say that and I just missed it, or do they NOT tell us that info?
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

He has at least 4 videos out that I have and the one with the kid doing the shooting I think he is shooting a 6MM or a .243 with a 105 gr. bullet.

I think the other video he is shooting a 6.5 x .284 but I have not watched it in awhile so I may be wrong.
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Maybe he did say the rifle he was using. After my chicken dinner and a few AmberBocks last night I fell asleep halfway through the video. :lol: I will have to watch it again this weekend. :lol: