What videos do you like?

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Dennis Kirk had some videos made back in the late 80's or early 90's that is all western North Dakota coyote hunting, Merv Griswold with E.L.K. have several out from the SD, ND, MT, and Wyoming that are all very good videos.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Les Johnson's video's are in WY in some of the sage flats and some in the rough country but all in the winter and fall. The Coyote Doctors videos are all done in Western SD
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Both are great videos.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I just watched Quest for coyotes by Les Johnson, and I would have to say that was a really good video. Les can really make a rabbit call sound good. I really like the scene were he called in 5 coyotes in one stand and they got everyone of them. That is fricken sweet!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Levi he has a new one called Best of the Quest which is also really good! I agree his rabbit sounds are awesome.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I actually just order "Best of the Quest" I am excited to watch it!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Just picked up Best of the Quest tonight. I went to Cabelas and in their video section was a box sitting on top of the videos. It looked like a new shipment that just came in but hadn't been put away yet. I didn't see any workers so I just opened the box up and there was copies of Best of the Quest in it. It had a price tag on it so I just took it and bought it. 5 hours long I probably won't finish it until Sunday!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Thats a great video. Les and the crew did a great job putting that video together.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Ya i've been meaning to buy it maybe i will have to try to stop at cabela's tonight. On the way to prep Tom Benjamin's coyote for a lifesize.

By the way Tom when are you going to start posting?
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Well you may have to break into the box like me to get it if it isn't on the shelf. Or come on by with some beer and watch it at my place.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I just watched a video I got from Merv Griswold called Coyote Tactics. It has Don and Ryan Laubach along with Merv hunting coyotes Summer, Fall and Winter. They cover alot of topics with some good footage. Could be a little longer, they do try to cover alot of info in a short amount of time. I think for a beginner it would be a great place to start if you want to get a crash course on hunting coyotes.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Just got "coyote hunting is going to the dogs" Calvin Taylor and Murphy Love. Great video if you like watching decoy dogs. Brad T. got to go hunting with Cal and his dogs last spring and had lots of good things to say. Good video to add to your collection.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Can't go wrong with that one it's no BS and a lot of good coyote and dog interaction. Not to mention that Calvin is a very knowledgeable coyote hand and a great guy all around.
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I just got Verminators Bowmania. I don't even bowhunt but I thought it was good. As usual Verminators it has a lot of funny footage and crazy behavior. Its a great video for sitting around for some laughs. Rick Paillet has what he calls a "1 in a Million" shot with his bow that is pretty unbelievable. If you don't want to dish out the 15 bucks at least borrow it from someone its pretty neat. Some good closeups of animals too.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I really enjoy the verminators and Randy Andersons Videos. Thats the only video I don't own from them. I might have to think about purchasing it.

The videos I have been really watching lately are the 2 that Les Johnson has out. I have learned ALOT from his videos the past couple of months. I would really like to meet Les and pick his brain about coyote hunting, I bet hes got a few tricks for me to learn!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"