savage model 10 predator

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

songdogsniper

savage model 10 predator

Post by songdogsniper »

has anybody here used the savage model 10 predator yet ? How does it shoot, is it as accurate as they say, hows the weight, ballistics, how durable is the camo finish ? any help would be great, thinking about getting one for the wife... :shock:
Red Fox
coyotehunter

Re: savage model 10 predator

Post by Red Fox »

I cannot say anything negative about mine. If I was to change anything I would like it to be in the 220 Swift but thats all I would change. I have shot 1-1/2 group at 287 yards. Mine is the 22-250 with the 12 twist barrel.
The Outdoorsman
coyotehunter

Post by The Outdoorsman »

Im looking into getting the same rifle. But in the .243 Any insight would be helpful.
Red Fox
coyotehunter

Post by Red Fox »

The thought crossed my mind on the 243 but in my opinion the round needs a longer barrel. The 243 I have is the Savage 12 VLP and the barrel is 26". The other thing is in the 243 the lighter bullets dont really do much more than the 22-250 does. It's a great round. I may be wrong but the 243 comes with the detachable magazine also. The one I wanted has the scope that came with the rifle. For the money its a good buy. I guess you could not go wrong with any of the ones they offer. The Predator is short, fast handling, accurate and comes with camo on it already. If your looking to get one you will not be dissapointed. The greatest thing about Savage is you dont have to be a gunsmith to fix them. Dave Englund.
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Red Fox wrote:I cannot say anything negative about mine. If I was to change anything I would like it to be in the 220 Swift but thats all I would change. I have shot 1-1/2 group at 287 yards. Mine is the 22-250 with the 12 twist barrel.

I have a factory barrel rechambered to 22-250 AI, do alittle research. If you like the 220 Swift you will LOVE the 22-250 AI.

IMHO the AI is a modern equivilant to the 220 with brass easy to come buy and the ability to accuratly shoot factory ammo if the need is there.

Anyhow I bought a M10 predator, wanted a fast twist barrel to shoot 75 gr boolits, removed factory barrel and screwed on my new Pacnor 1-8 twist and set head space torqued barrel nut and rocked on.......

225.00 plus shipping for barrel and 250 rounds WW brass FF for that barrel
800 roughly on round count

Norm

P.S. If it wasn't for the piece of crap trigger I would really like the rifle. If you are not excactly square on the front of the trigger ( like if you have gloves on ) the bastit will click but not go boom......
Dan
coyotehunter

Post by Dan »

I have 2 predators one in .204 and one in 22-250 I won them both at Fiends of the N.R.A. banquet last summer they both are very accuate. I dont think you will find a better stock trigger and as for the cammo finish I have'nt had a problem with it looks very nice and is tough as hell. I shoot the 39 grn Sierra blitzking in the .204 and it shoots .380 groups. I shoot the sierra 1390 55 grn in the 22-250 and it shoots .460 groups both rifles are topped with VARI-X 3 6.5 -20 I have another on order for my new son-inlaw in 22-250 he can buy the scope.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

I have a semi-custom leftie in 22-250.Very accurate.Very!The trigger(accu trigger)takes some serious getting used to but grows on you.After quite a bit of shooting,I have only one complaint-you MUST recycle the bolt completely and quite forceably to fully eject empties.Dn't try the slow,silent easy ejection approach.Not a biggie once you are aware of it but,it can be before that. :shock:
I intend to have a gunny look at that issue post season.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Dcoy, i also shoot a savage with the accu-trigger and it is wonderfull for target shooting but suck s--t when in a hurrying situation. i took may accu-t apart and dimanteled it. the trigger still shoots super crisp and light.the thing with this accu- trigger is if you happen to bump the side of it say with a heavy glove on it will do something to the safty mech. block it from going off and you have to cycle the bolt to un-lock it. i had quite a few missed op's at coyotes this year becuz of it before i realized what was going on.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Thanks for the heads up.Haven't had that happen but will be checking it out.Where it affects me is on runners.Swing,touch off,etc is changed to swing,gather slack,touch off.Not as easy but am getting used to it.Sort of.If it affects me when I switch rifles,I'll have to get rid of it.
I really do like it now in non urgent situations though.It makes me much more deliberate and focused.Actually seems to aid in a deliberate 'call the shot'trigger pull.