Remington R 15

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

100STR8

Remington R 15

Post by 100STR8 »

Hello Guys, I'm new to the site, love it so far! I was wondering if any of you had experience with the Remington R 15, in .223. I know the .223 is great, but wondering about the Remington in particular. Thanks alot guys! :D
coyote223

Re: Remington R 15

Post by coyote223 »

I don't own one, but here's my thoughts. It's basically a Bushmaster Gun, so it's good to go. Either they are thinking the new AWB will be similar to the old one, or they just left the "Evil" features off to appeal to a broader customer base. "Evil" features include a Threaded Barrel, Flash Hider, Bayonet lug, Collapsible stock, etc. I have a Bushmaster, they are fairly accurate rifles.
100STR8

Post by 100STR8 »

Thanks Coyote223, I broke down and bought one Tuesday morning. I ordered the scope last night, should be here Friday! Can't wait to get it together. I'll make sure & put up some pics of her and her first kill!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Make sure you break that barrel in properly :wink: You wont regret it.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
yellowdog
coyotehunter

Post by yellowdog »

Hey 100STR8, I can hook you up in this department. The "famous" varmint hunter Byron South helped develop this AR platform in conjunction with Remington R&D. If you want, just head on over to the predatormasters forums & send him a PM. It might take acouple day's but he will get back to you.I've talked to him myself on this subject before. He's a great guy and would be more than happy to answer any questions that you might have.
100STR8

Post by 100STR8 »

Yellowdog, Thanks alot! I'll do that. Hope Byron won't be mad because I didn't buy the one with his name on it! LOL I sure like it so far! The first 3 shots (with cleanings inbetween) were right about a half inch! This thing will be a coyote slayin son of a gun!!!!!!! :D :twisted: :D
Oregon Yote Hunter

Post by Oregon Yote Hunter »

I ended up getting one also, I got the one with a colapsable stock in .223. I put the Nikon Coyote Speacial 3x9x40 in Max 1 camo with matching rings from Nikon also.

It is a tack driver. 5 shot group 1 1/2" off a bipod 2 100 yds.
yotester

Post by yotester »

I have had the VTR model for a year now in .223 . Took awhile to find a good load that was very accurate and would still cycle properly... but i finally did. Mine likes the 55 gr. NBT's sitting on top of Varget powder. The rifle is topped of with a 6.5-20X50MM Burris fullfield II tactical scope wrapped in the Larue tactical spr/m4 . So far the reticle calibration at 14 power for a 55 gr. bullet at 3280 fps has , for the most part been very good. At least out to 400 yds. Hand lapped the barrel with JB bore compound before i shot it and then cleaned every 2 shots for the first 40 rounds. Seems like its going to be a very good investment. I have taken 23 coyotes with it so far and cant wait to get out again this winter. The only problem i have encounterec so far is tweeking the magazines to avoid jams. But that just part of owning an AR or in this case an R-15.