ear protection

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: ear protection

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I remember a time when i was young and stupid saying "I don't need those" when offered muffs but i certainly use them while practicing now.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

lyonch wrote:The nut punching has started a little early this year it seems :lol: :lol: Yes i did not hunt much in march last year because it was getting a little too expensive for this guy to venture out to your kneck of the woods every weekend to chase coyotes when i need to try to smack a few around my house. Im sure there will have to be some few choice words offline :wink: Game on fella :mrgreen:
a nutt punch rates right up there with turret turning. :shock: :shock:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

but its a good way to keep you hunting partner in check, he will think twice of pissing you off in the truck because when he goes to put one leg over the barb wire fence he will get a nut punch. :oops: Its happend more than twice! :cry:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

that sounds like you enjoy giving them too much? :oops: Are you sure you're not secretly from Montana Levi? :lol:
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

If anyone wants a comical movie to watch over and over again feel free to come video tape levi and i when we are coyote hunting :roll: :roll: the comments and gestures never stop :lol: :lol: Bring you ear muffs because after a good nut punch there is som high pitched squealing taking place :roll: That is a flinch that i can not ever cure :shock: Be careful brad if levi gets enough liquid courage in him you might become a candidate :lol: I need the tournament season to start i am turning stupid over here :!:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Prairie Ghost wrote:that sounds like you enjoy giving them too much? :oops: Are you sure you're not secretly from Montana Levi? :lol:
Nope secretly from Wyoming, you guys are alittle more funny over there
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Way to much talk about punchin, touchin, other mens junk etc!!!

I always shoot better if i pick a spot on the coyote, not just a shoulder etc but a crease a wrinkle etc. a tiny bullseye on a coyote. Always keeping the eye in the scope to watch the impact, follow thru.

I have been having some issues with my rifle stock swelling etc. Got a new synthetic to replace it. Hate to mess with it but about twice a year it moves about 4-8 cliks left or right @ 100 yards. Drives me nuts!! Know it instanly when it happens, usually first wet snow etc in winter and rainy humid hot in summer. This rifle never sees the indoors, looks about like my caller, right Daryl!!!
Randy Roede
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

WHAT DID YOU SAY RANDY??????? Oh ya your rifle.. LOL it looks like a old BB gun I had when I was a kid that my Dad ran over with the tractor. I saw it make some good shot though.. :wink:
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

That one at 409 ??? was a good one. It shouldn't have stopped!!
Randy Roede
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Does it have "this thing on the stock which tells time" ?

409 is a good kill must be doing something right.

Chris, Levi know better than to pull a TA like that. 8)
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I thought this thread was about ear protection. sounds like chris needs a nut cup.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Coyotehunter wrote:I thought this thread was about ear protection. sounds like chris needs a nut cup.
Do you know any good models, remember he needs to shop in the Junior department! :mrgreen:
Last edited by LeviM on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

hahahahah giggle giggle aren't we all funny now :mrgreen: Just because i do it for me and not for them :wink:

So any ways back to hearing protection again:

I have been doing a lot of shooting lately and have always had a flinch from starting out with a big gun and not looking back, from when i was a little kid. I did it to myself actually, i always told dad i wanted to shoot the big guns!! Well i took a tip from Dcoy on the site here and started wearing ear plugs and ear muffs at the same time and really focused on trying to watch where the bullet hits. Another thing that i have done is bought a led sled for shooting paper. I load that thing with as much weight as i can even with my .22-250 and the ear plugs and ear muffs; allow me to really focus on where i am shooting. I have been doing a lot of load testing and now when i shoot just the gun off of a bi-pod i noticed my flinching has become a lot less and i am able to keep my eye on the target through out the shot!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

good deal Chris
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I do a lot of shooting with my .22 mag. and grew mainly shooting a .22 lf. The ear plugs and muffs are a great idea. I do not do very often in the field but when I am out just plincking which is most days, I stick with the lighter guns. .22 mag and .204
Coyotes Forever