ear protection

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: ear protection

Post by LeviM »

Dcoy- Makes alot of sense, its just human reaction, I don't notice it shooting at coyotes, but practicing I can catch myself flinching for the shot
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Beware the flinch.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Coyotehunter wrote:Beware the flinch.
I have been doing ALOT of shooting over the summer, and I have noticed how much its human reaction to flinch. I have finally been curing myself of it. I have a friend that is absolute terrible when he shoots, I can see it everytime he pulls the trigger, I am trying cure him, with losts of practice, hearing protection, and shooting alot of .22
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

take turns handing the gun off. don't let the other guy know if he has a round chambered when he sets up for a shot. He will not know if he has a live round or a dry fire. this will help cure the flintches
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Coyotehunter wrote:take turns handing the gun off. don't let the other guy know if he has a round chambered when he sets up for a shot. He will not know if he has a live round or a dry fire. this will help cure the flintches
He just got into reloading and loaded up a bunch or rounds were he seated the primers too deep so some fire and some dont, I would say every 1 out of 4 fire. That was a great test, not knowing if that one was going to fire or just click. Its surprise how much a guy want to tense up
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

dry firing is a good learning tool also. Just put a reflective tac in a tree 100yds away or the telephone post, or just aim for something small and make sure you line up on it just like you were really going to pull the trigger on it. Do that 10 times or so a night, and after a while you'll learn to wait for the trigger to break instead of flinching when the trigger breaks.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

xdeano wrote:dry firing is a good learning tool also. Just put a reflective tac in a tree 100yds away or the telephone post, or just aim for something small and make sure you line up on it just like you were really going to pull the trigger on it. Do that 10 times or so a night, and after a while you'll learn to wait for the trigger to break instead of flinching when the trigger breaks.

xdeano
Levi and Chris does this sound familiar?
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Coyotehunter wrote:
xdeano wrote:dry firing is a good learning tool also. Just put a reflective tac in a tree 100yds away or the telephone post, or just aim for something small and make sure you line up on it just like you were really going to pull the trigger on it. Do that 10 times or so a night, and after a while you'll learn to wait for the trigger to break instead of flinching when the trigger breaks.

xdeano
Levi and Chris does this sound familiar?
Yes and i still do it :D (thanks jamie) The only difference i have is that i use a picture of a coyote from a magazine or one that i printed off of the interenet showing different postures from quarting away to looking right at you etc etc. i then place the cross hairs where i would place the bullet in that position. I know this has helped with cross hair placements when a coyote comes in. It starts to burn both form and posture into memory in the muscles. i try this both from sitting and laying prone. It is a quick, easy, tool to use without burning through a ton of money on ammunition :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

when I do this I do it off hand and try to call the shot as well. I used to shoot league silhuette and did shoot one competion shoot in the praire rose games. wish I could do that here but no organized leagues in this county.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I have been shooting roughly about 3-4 nights a week with the .243 either before work or after work, and early mornings on the weekend. Then at home the wife and I like to shoot .22. Its made a big difference.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

LeviM wrote: Then at home the wife and I
WTF did i just read that part right!! Levi, what the hell man i thought we were a rare breed but i guess you are changing :roll: :roll: I'm embarrassed for you :oops: :oops:
Chris Lyon

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

+1 for Chris, but you should learn from me, its called spending time together during the offseason, so I am able to hunt late feb into March unlike somone last year :wink:

Balls back in your court...LOL, you need a nut punch
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

The nut punching has started a little early this year it seems :lol: :lol: Yes i did not hunt much in march last year because it was getting a little too expensive for this guy to venture out to your kneck of the woods every weekend to chase coyotes when i need to try to smack a few around my house. Im sure there will have to be some few choice words offline :wink: Game on fella :mrgreen:
Chris Lyon

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Ya Ya hit'em hit'em this is just like high School!!! :lol: :lol: :twisted:

You two crack me up
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

wearing ear muffs have helped me tremedleslly with more accurate shooting. i now don't even feel like shooting(targets) if i forget them. i used to be a real bad flincher but the muffs have really go me to stop.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."