My FIRST homemade lanyard (Tell me what you think!)

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Fallguy
coyotehunter

My FIRST homemade lanyard (Tell me what you think!)

Post by Fallguy »

Well I finally found some other colors of paracord and I made my first lanyard. I basically took one of my custom ones I bought from a guy and tried to mimic it (I learned by sight on this). I already know of some changes I want to make to my next one, such as different positions and lengths of drops, different colors, etc.

All in all, I am happy with it and plan to get some use out of it next winter.
It is white and black with olive green drops. Has 4 drops, a deer antler keeper.

I look forward to any comments or advice. Thanks!

"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: My FIRST homemade lanyard (Tell me what you think!)

Post by Prairie Ghost »

What was the reason for four drops? do you like that many calls on stand or was that just the model that you "mimicked". Looks real good i have just gotten out of the whole more calls = more coyotes thing i just keep it simple. I have enough trouble keeping two calls hanging of my neck quiet let alone four. I would put it up for sale on ebay or NDO those goose hunters eat that stuff up. Would help with gas money for next year!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

No there was really no reason for the 4 drops. I guess my other lanyards I own are all 4 drops so I was just trying to figure out how the heck people make them. I actually just self taught myself to make it. Also I have gotten into the habit of carrying 4 calls with just because my lanyards allowed it.

Eventually I might get into making them for profit but this first one I made will be kept in the family until it falls apart. I can use it and then Jackson can use it.

I actually already decided to make a shoulder sling that will carry up to 6 geese by their feet. I am making this for the father in law for his birthday. That isn't until August so I have time to find other paracord colors. Also I need to get faster at this before trying to do it for any type of profit. LOL
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Nice braiding. Have you looked at a web site called ubraidit.com? They carry a large variety of colors of paracord.
"God hates a coward"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

looks real good. just wondering why , mine are all on there own line. is there a reason for a lanyard other than keeping all of them together??. looks like you put some time into it. good job :)
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

bucksnbears wrote:looks real good. just wondering why , mine are all on there own line. is there a reason for a lanyard other than keeping all of them together??. looks like you put some time into it. good job :)
How many calls do you carry at once all on their own line? Do you ever have any tangling problems?
Pure Predator
coyotehunter

Post by Pure Predator »

Fallguy, Very nice....

I used to make all my own lanyards also... on your top drops.... "just an idea" insted of just tying them off on the top....

1. Run a single length of cord through the neck loop so that there is equal lengths hanging down... This will be the start for your drop.
2. lay a nother single lenth along next to the two lengths...
3. pin the three together
4. then braid the three together to you desired drop length
5. remove the pin, then wrap, an noose at the top of your drop to finish it of at the top
6. then at the bottom wrap another noose with one peice, burn one, and the other it to tie on to the call...

This makes a braided drop, with two nooses, top and bottom...

love the antler..... If you ever find a miniuature coyote skull... I've always wanted to use one there....

Mike
Pure Predator