Its true

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Keep us posted if you hear anything else. I wouldn't mind having names if anyone has them. PM me if you do.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Just curious how often are Game Wardens notified of tournaments that are going on? I just feel they should have a heads up every weekend there is a tournament going on so they can pay alittle more attention to those areas. I know its a tough task trying to be every where at once but if they were around tournament areas, I bet people would be a little more honest, and maybe they can catch more people running them down.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Good point Levi. Your right-game wardens can't be everywhere at once, especially since during a tournament you can go anywhere to hunt as long as you are back by check in. If the tournament participants know a warden knows of the contest, that hopefully will act as a deterant for cheating. I am sure that the wardens appreciate knowing when and where a tournament is being held. I would even think that would be cool to have a warden there at check in to double check people's hunting lisences, just to keep people on their toes and get them thinking.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

When we did the Balta hunt we notified our warden and he was even there that evening for checkins.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Fallguy-

I like you idea of having a warden at check-in!! That would keep people alittle more honest, just knowing that there will be an offical around doing his job.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I think that having wardens working the area is going to become the norm statewide. It has gotten to the point that the wardens have heard enough of the complaints and they are taking the inscitive (sp) to get some of the law breakers stopped. I would like to see the plane at every tournament.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I have tried for years and have not had any luck getting anyone from Game and Fish to even return a phone not to mention I have never had one show up or show any kind of interest in any of the tournaments that I have sponsored. Maybe that is all changing now. I would welcome them in any capacity at any of my tournaments.
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Jamie

Yeah hopefully that will change for you.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

great ideas guys :D The more people ask for something the more the G&F are apt to do it.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!