Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

barebackjack
coyotehunter

Re: White or snow camo; and why.

Post by barebackjack »

bucksnbears wrote:I.M.H.O. lack of movement trumps camo anyday :wink:
Absolutely!

How many deer were killed by guys totin 30-30s or surplus springfields, blue jeans, and red plaid wool jackets over the years?

But, "matching the hatch" as far as your surroundings go, comes in handy in the event you have to move.
ducksmuggler
coyotehunter

Post by ducksmuggler »

Thanks for the input guys... It helped me make my decision a lot easier... and so did the pics. tim....

going with all white. One of my co-workers that is a coyote killing machine..who believes white is the only thing to wear; said "if your afraid of getting picked out lay prone" hard to get silhouetted out when your laying in the snow.

and Thanks for your comments
Matt
If its good enough; Better is achievable
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Good luck with youre choice. In wide open areas the whites do seem to do a better job but keep in mind if you are hunting near any wooded creeks or woodlots the break up camo or mixed camo does a better job..
JeffB
coyotehunter

Post by JeffB »

Thanks Tim for posting the pics! I was in the same boat, trying to decide what camo to wear . I was leaning towards natural gears snow stuff, but the solid white makes more sense! My buddies keep telling me to grab a TYVEK suit from work, might consider it
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

tyvek is noisy. pick up a white painters suit if you want to go cheap. then if you want you can always put your own dark spots or sticks on it with a brush, or rattle can. Just think of all the designs you can put on a white canvis.

I've picked up some all white Cabela's suit. The same one that BBJ picked up on discontinued. It was a hell of a deal.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
ducksmuggler
coyotehunter

Post by ducksmuggler »

So to bring this back to life... :D

I got the Cabelas dry-plus bibs and parka in white..... Best money I have ever spent!!! Butt gets ice, but stays dry and warm; only gripe is the parka pockets build up with snow when shooting prone...
If its good enough; Better is achievable