Did anyone see the huge coyote killed in Missouri!!!

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Dcoy
Top Dog

Re: Did anyone see the huge coyote killed in Missouri!!!

Post by Dcoy »

Well the source is unimpeachable but don't know if he weighed it.Anyway a DNR friend from Mn just e-mailed me that his local VFW Tourney(Ortonville,Mn)last saturday had 19 teams with 49 yotes and i fox turned in,winning team had 10,and one yote allegedly weighed 62lbs.He was stunned by its size and labeled it 'almost wolf like,yet a coyote'.Don't ask-thats all I know.
Would have liked to see it.
MCSO961B
coyotehunter

Post by MCSO961B »

I hunt Northeast Missouri, I would say in this area, your average female weighs around 40lbs. Some are a little bigger and some smaller. It is not uncommon at all to shoot a Male over 50 lbs here though. I would say that is probably average. As for the " record coyote" being a wolf, don't think so. We don't have them here. Maybe a malamute. I'm skeptical too, but we do have pretty good size coyotes in this area, and Carroll county is 2 counties west of where i live.
I hunt all over the Northeast corner of the state, and every area has different coyotes. Shelby county coyotes are usually smaller and almost red fox coloration. Monroe County dogs are Large! And typically Siver/White colored. Marion and Ralls counties have you typical colored coyotes but are usually good size dogs. Must be something in the dirt, but we have good size coyotes in this area.
MCSO961B
coyotehunter

Post by MCSO961B »

Ralls County
Ralls County
yote 4.jpg (2.53 KiB) Viewed 3426 times
Shelby County
Shelby County
yote1.jpg (3.27 KiB) Viewed 3426 times
Monroe County
Monroe County
yote 2.jpg (3.64 KiB) Viewed 3426 times
Marion County
Marion County
yote 3.jpg (5.35 KiB) Viewed 3426 times
CoyoteAssassin

Post by CoyoteAssassin »

Haha yea whoever did that DNA test needs to try again. :lol: