Ok tomorrow is the end of Season for me....

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Pure Predator
coyotehunter

Ok tomorrow is the end of Season for me....

Post by Pure Predator »

I was able to harvest two more dogs last night to differant stands... Two Males... one at Twelve steps and the other about sixty yards.... The Twelve Steper actually ran across someones yard, almost to the house, I actually was sitting in the old womans rose bushes.... She was complaining that her prescious barn cats kept disappearing... Let me catch one of them suckers sneaking up on some pheasants or rabbits, and they will be sleeping with the coyotes... Then the other ran across a pasture to me, where he must have seen something he didnt like and ran off to about 60yards and kept barking at me... I tried to give him a 22-250 asprin for the head ache he was complaing about, he caught it in the throat insted, It still must have helped out, because he just laid down and went to sleep.... See I was complaining about coyotes only sneeking in and, shiz'am they started running... I should complain about not winning the lottery...

Mike
Yote Zappa
a small pasture, a fine wood hand call, and a slight wind in my face....... Priceless...
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Good Job always nice when it all starts coming together
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I finally put the gun away for the year. It was sad to see another year come to the end. I would have to say this year was was a pretty good year for me. I wish the weather would of been colder earlier in the season. I am excited for next years tournaments, I plan on doing all of Jamie's tournaments he puts on.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Yes it is sad to see it go. I think I got in less hunting days than I did the past 2 seasons but I did harvest more coyotes than the past 2 seasons. So at least that sits well with me. Time to put up some fur and put away the camo, guns, calls, etc. This summer I plan to pattern my shotgun, and do some testing of howlers and calls with a video camera system to see how the sound carries from far away. Also Papapete and I are going to spend a day shooting our guns at longer distances to get a feel for the bullet drop.
rhino
coyotehunter

Post by rhino »

I too have put my snow camo and gun away for the year. Tough year where I hunt. plenty of coyotes but at times it was tough to call them in. by the end of Jan I think we had pretty smart coyotes. Can't wait until next fall for the young ones that don't know any better.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Well at least i had a strong finish this year. My last day i took the same guy that i pheasent hunt with and we ended up with 2 fox and a coyote. All the critters had no guard hairs left and there were some bad rubbing spots. The gear is put away until another season roles around. I feel levi and i had a pretty successful winter and i am too looking forward to all of jamies tournaments. Levi you need to bring your rifle turkey huntin so we can take care of those whit ones floating around and for some shootin at my little rifle range. We will have to try some 300 yard plus shots.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!