HOW GOOD ARE YOU AT CALLING

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

shooter93
coyotehunter

HOW GOOD ARE YOU AT CALLING

Post by shooter93 »

It is real bold because alot of callers dont know if it is their calling that they dont call something in, is it WHAT, us guy that has done it for a day or 2 or some time it is the 12 year old that does it, but what make a good caller, is it the call, is it the gun, is it WHAT, the guys that know, has figured it out, WHAT is it?
shooter93
coyotehunter

Re: HOW GOOD ARE YOU AT CALLING

Post by shooter93 »

I have to add ask the question and i am sure you will get alot of advice from this form, except levy he calls with his middle figers, :D
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

a proud member of the "IF" team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

You can put the world proclaimed best caller in an area that has no coyotes and he won't call anything in! In my opinion it has a lot more to do with your location rather than a persons calling.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
shooter93
coyotehunter

Post by shooter93 »

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

my 7 year old can call in a coyote.....if I put her in the right spot....its all location, location, locatioin.
Coyotes Forever
shooter93
coyotehunter

Post by shooter93 »

that photo was yesterday called in 2 knocked both down one got up and never could find him, but it was only 50 yards behind my house, and time of day has alot to do with it it, just because you hear coyotes at night in a spot they may be bedded or hunting in other spots, ive called and killed over 7 this year under the same tree 50 yards from my house, i had a bad day yesterday lost a 350 dollar bobcat to got hair but hopfully it is only belly fur, no blood and no snow to trak and alot of rim rock and holes and cracks, even went and got my dog to find him, nothing ill go set up at the same area and see what happens.
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

shooter93. nice looking coyote, and sad to hear about he cat :( what state are you in??
a proud member of the "IF" team
shooter93
coyotehunter

Post by shooter93 »

I am in cali north east corner by nev, oregon border
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

Ahhh no snow! That looks wonderful right now. I try to think of flip flops everytime i put on my snowshoes these days :D
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

Oh and I couldn't agree more with location. Quality sets and get in undetected.
shooter93
coyotehunter

Post by shooter93 »

we have a warm spell, 2 weeks ago foot of snow and -8, i guess for some of you that is flip flop weather, lol,
kleff
coyotehunter

Post by kleff »

I live in MN and went out twice to the same spot/s I have had coyotes responding to calls but out of the 8 or 9 hours of hunting I have only got responses for about 2 minutes total and nothing has stepped out. What sequences of calls do you guys do?
Levi Kleffman
mitchkvernum
coyotehunter

Post by mitchkvernum »

Location is huge, I sure feel sorry for you poor suckers in minnesota. man that musts suck! I do think however my partner and I can work 90% of coyotes and have a shot at killing them.. calling, or spot and stalk..

I called marty last night, and aksed him if he wanted to call, he said call the weather.. I called him back and said, well they are calling for 30-40 mph winds. with gusts to 50-55.. Ill be at your house at seven :mrgreen: .. we didnt touch a single call. we spot and stalked, and set ambushes on some groups close to town. in an area that gets hammered by the local "foxpro'ers".. we killed five coyotes.. Work them, and kill them.. every coyotes it wired the same.. Cover, Food, and interaction with other coyotes.. We like to key in on the food side of things :)
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

good post Mitch. A guy has to know when to mix it up.
Coyotes Forever