scope for fox hunting

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

dogman1
coyotehunter

scope for fox hunting

Post by dogman1 »

I have been fox hunting for a few years now but I don't have the best scope, I am willing to spend up to $350 for a good scope. can I get some help with a good fox scope that will work good for night hunting coyotes as well.
M.O.A.
coyotehunter

Re: scope for fox hunting

Post by M.O.A. »

i would say get something with a 30 mm tube and big objective i use a 6-24-50 mildot for the longer shoots
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I woul suggest you get the best scope you can afford! I for one am a leupold fan. I am sure anything in the price range above and beyond a leupold i would be happy with too. Some guys shoot really cheap scopes and brag them up. So when everything is said and done, you won't be dissapointed if you get the best you can afford and just get out in the field and start shooting critters. Take the money you get from the furs and save up to get a high end scope if your dream scope isn't close to your price range. I would rather cry once because i bought something out of budget than to buy something over twice and resulted in spending the same money!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price! :) You can get a pretty good Leupold for that or a Nikon. I like the Nikon Monarch that I have but I'm purchasing another Leupold at the first oppurtunity.
"God hates a coward"
J Bird

Post by J Bird »

A Nikon Monarch is a good choice. Watch on E Bay. Some times there are good deals there. Spring is the best time. For new try Bear Basin or SWFA riflescopes.