another tourny question

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

another tourny question

Post by leadbiscuit »

Hey fellas, how far in advance do you normally prepare for a tournament. Scouting, lining up a partner in crime, etc. I'm talking about a tournament that's a fair ways from home. Like any of the Classic tournaments would be for me.

Thanks,
Leadbiscuit
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Re: another tourny question

Post by Optimax90 »

Never to soon to start!!!! Having a good partner is a tough thing to get. I got a couple guys I hunt with, and they hunt completely different from each other. But we seem to hunt well together.... Finding the right partner that you gel with, and don't have to question what he/she is going to do is worth alot!!!
Scouting never stops.... Talking to landowners other hunters and looking at maps is a start. tey to make note and be prepaired......
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

Thanks Opti

Finding a partner will be the hard part. I can't think of anyone else around here that's going to want to devote the time or money to taking in a tournament or two next winter. It's still a long ways off, so who knows. Anyone else have any input?
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

one thing for sure is getting the land lined up then having time to scout the area a few times. nice to get out there and get those coyotes located before you head out that first morning.
Coyotes Forever