Need Suggestions For Coyote Reading & Videos

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

rodeorulz
coyotehunter

Re: Need Suggestions For Coyote Reading & Videos

Post by rodeorulz »

Thanks! We actually go in for our ultrasound today so we may or may not know after today. We've kinda decided to go with the don't tell us but let us guess since I don't want to know and my husband does. Either way I'll be happy, but I sure hope if we end up with a girl we get a tomboy!!! lol
Chris, I'm sure your little one will be just as outdoorsy as you!
CH, your story about your one son reminds me of stories I've heard of my husband growing up!!
Coyote Huntress
coyotehunter

Post by Coyote Huntress »

Well, I have a bit of an up-date about coyotes that happened Thursday night:

As I told Chris: Our three dogs were going ballistic and there were coyotes very close to our house - 250 feet. Grabbed the spotlight and Curtis grabbed his gun. We hurried out, trying to be as quiet as possible. Curtis wanted me to wait with the spotlight until he could use a fence post to stabilize his gun - NO chance!

We saw a light colored dog-figure just fifty feet from us, so Curtis told me to hit the spotlight. My adrenaline was insane as we saw three coyote and our three dogs circling each other about to get into a major fight. Our dogs ran to us when I hit the light and yelled for Curtis to be careful not to shoot one of our dogs! Curtis hit the big coyote just 50 feet from us in the ass, then I redirected the spotlight and he shot at another, but missed. It all happened sooo fast. We hate that we missed the other two, but considering the problem here, I don't mind making the coyotes "wise" to gunfire right in our yard.

We will be making time to get out hunting again soon. We tried snaring with our neighbor, but as I suspected, our neighbor came over and said his dog got caught. So, we're in quite a predicament - and the dog is okay, btw.

We also contacted our local Game Warden about the problem coyotes - again - he promised Curtis he'd apply for a special permit to allow "friends" from the USA to come and hunt coyotes with us. He said he believed the answer would be a "no", but hey, it's worth a shot anyway considering the situation and the fur won't be sold.

Anyway, just a quick up-date...
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

and just who is on this list of "friends" from the states? :lol: :lol: :wink: I can pack in and leave in a few days!! :wink:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Prairie Ghost wrote:and just who is on this list of "friends" from the states? :lol: :lol: :wink: I can pack in and leave in a few days!! :wink:
I hope i am on that list :D if you go prairie ghost don't forget about the minnesota guy over here that has a weak mind but a strong back :wink:

P.S. let me know when that video arrives huntress.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Chris... how do you know i have a weak mind??? :P put me on the list Huntress :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Skinny Indian
coyotehunter

Post by Skinny Indian »

I am merely replying to this so I can find the thread again. I keep having to find it, sorry....
Keep your powder dry.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I am reading "the wolves of the Southwest the making of an endangered species" very good book.
Coyotes Forever
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

Is that about Mexican Wolves? Interested in giving a short summary?

have a good one
lead