our new cabin!!

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

our new cabin!!

Post by bucksnbears »

we've been planning on building this for a few year but just hav'nt got it done. well the other day i was gonna start a siding job but the weatherman was calling for high winds and the job was in the open. i was pondering what to do for the dayand checked my wallet and found out i had an extra grand just sitting therei decided on a whim to start our cabin. well, here is 3 days worth. Denise and my dad were on hand also. it's gonna be a small 14x14. with a 6 x14 deck . if your wonering why so small???? cuz i don't want much company. this is being built on the front edge of our property. i have a bit of apprehention because i know it won't do our hunting any good but oh well. we'll still get our deer. the whole visable exterior will be cedar. should be a cute shack when done. i'll update with pics as progress allows.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Re: our new cabin!!

Post by leadbiscuit »

looks like good deer hunting round there.
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

Very Nice Bucks. That's going to be one hell of a fall when you have to take a leak off the deck in the middle of the night. :lol:

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

WOW I'm glad for you two and I can just sleep on the deck :wink:
p.s I see the dogs just lying around already home to them :D
a proud member of the "IF" team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

That is awesome bucks!! I'm looking forward to seeing it someday!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

got a good start on the deck/siding today. cedar is a bit expensive so not quite sure if i'll get it all done soon. planning on putting a roof over the deck??? will se how the funds are. i would also like t/g pine on the interior. that might hafta wait abit. overall i like the way its all coming together. not big but hopefully will be kinda "homey" when done.
Chris, count on it. we may spend some time there this fall :D

the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Very cool
Coyotes Forever
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

The LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHACK. :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

well, i was'nt planning on doing this due to funds but excitemaent got to me and i really wanted to get this part done. spent all day framing and boxing everything in with cedar. will try to finish the siding this week. the railing will come next. my first cold schmidty on the deck. :D
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

looks good. I just thought that you may have the inside lined with coyote pelts, good insulation. ;)

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

Sweet Bucs. Looks like a fun project.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

got the railing put on today. slow progress cuz it takes quite a bit to get it right. might bring a bed up tomarro.also decided to add on a 4x4 foot area onto the back for a crapper.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Too cool man it looks awesome.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

THATS BAD ASS!!!!!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

ran out of cedar today or coulda maybe got done. will pick up more in the morning so perhaps tomarro.