kinda quite here. Wake Up!!

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

kinda quite here. Wake Up!!

Post by bucksnbears »

the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Re: kinda quite here. Wake Up!!

Post by Critrgtr »

Thanks for the song. Gotta love Ol Ted thats for sure. I am awake but just barely. lol. Cant hardly wait for this stinking summer to be over. I hate heat. Its to hot and humid to even think about coyote hunting now. But that song does kind of put a person in the mood huh. :wink:
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

yep very hot here in wyoming as well. The calling has not been worth a hoot this summer. Been running a bunch of fence snares and now starting to get traps out on some of those pairs up in the trees and rocks. praying for snow!
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Coyotehunter wrote: praying for snow!

Serisously?? I think you just said a swear word LOL. Hotter than i can take it here :evil:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

Now you did it. lol. You mentioned the 4 letter word that Levi hates to hear. lol. :lol: But I am with you I am praying for the same thing. Or at least 10 to 20 degree weather.
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

I want to live where it never gets above 70 and there are no bugs. Man the skeeters in the tall grass on the first stands of the day and at nite locating are horrible.

They getting any haying done out there Jamie, do you have much wheat? I always like it after wheat harvest and hayin it opens up a lot of country. Chest high grass leads to some interesting shooting, some places I've found coyotes I've just left them to hunt later hoping they will hay or harvest something nearby to call them into.

Pups are awful mobile and vocal, mom and dad are letting them roam far and wide from what I have seen.
Randy Roede
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

no wheat in this part of the world........sage, lots of sage. just got home from camping out the last 2 nights, wind blew so hard I couldn't hear a thing. 96 deg yesterday...........like a blast furnace. Got one shot monday morning and found a pair with big sage brush camping pups. They wouldn't work the dogs...........kind of a mexican stand off. I got all bit up from the mosquitos..about stepped on a rattlesnake sneaking out there. tough week so far.
Coyotes Forever
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

If I could take a "coma pill" in early June that lasted three months, id be happy.

112 heat index here the other day. Went to grill a steak on the deck, opening the deck door was like opening the door to a blast furnace. Took about 30 seconds to preheat the grill.

Summer is a worthless season.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

agree!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

The only thing summer does is make you long for fall and winter!!!
Randy Roede
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

The only thing good about summer is it gives you time to get damn good and ready for the fall.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i had to go to Minot and gut my sisters house during that heat streak (flood). talk about work :shock: hot,humid stinky.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Dave your a good brother!!

Guys I am going to be a pallbearer today at the man I replaced here in this job, I'm not going to release his name but am going to give you a few numbers that will well make you say wow!!

He was a gunner and a trapper in this region for many years, stopped the heartbeats of 36,000 plus coyotes and over 16,000 fox if my memory serves me right from his retirement party 8 years ago.

Has the record here at 156 coyotes in one day out of the backseat of a Super Cub for this dept. He risked life and limb over and over again for producers across the state and teamed with whatever pilot saved trappers behinds from killin coyotes over and over all across SD. A true professional!!!

He lived life to it's fullest and only something as deadly as cancer could put him down.

I lost a friend and a mentor last Tues. but my life has been enriched from knowing him.
Randy Roede
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

nice write-up Randy. he had 1 hell of a life. 8)
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Thanks for sharing Randy. Sorry to hear of your loss.
Coyotes Forever