EVERYBODY READY!!

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: EVERYBODY READY!!

Post by Coyotehunter »

6 dozen would be a lot of traps to punch in in a day. on new ground I can do about 16-20 if I am flying. I have no roads though, just rocky washed out 2 tracks. makes things slower.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Coyotehunter wrote:6 dozen would be a lot of traps to punch in in a day. on new ground I can do about 16-20 if I am flying. I have no roads though, just rocky washed out 2 tracks. makes things slower.
We did alot of scouting, we are going to start in wheat field, which the farmers are nice enough to let us drive through. We will have to see, I am hoping for cooler weather also.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Dusty that sucks about your dog. Makes ya wanna go ape shit. I know a guy here in Oregon that has some. I'm sure you can find them closer but just so you know. I could give you a number. He has three left but five to choose from as of yesterday. My female is really a sweet heart. Loves my kids already. Follows me around like a shadow.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

sucks on the dog Dusty :( . had a guy offer me 75 victor#4's coils. for 1$ a piece plus a bunch of misc. stuff from when he trapped in wyoming. i may haffta put some steel in the ground this year. it's been a long time since i've done it. good luck all. can't wait to see some pic's
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

The hell with the traps. Lets get to calling.. :D
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

That would work EO. PM me his #.
"God hates a coward"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Bucks if they are in good condition and you didn't buy them you are a REEEETTTTAAARRRDDD!!! I'll take them if you don't if they aren't falling apart
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

EO caller wrote: My female is really a sweet heart. Loves my kids already. Follows me around like a shadow.
sounds like a house pet....... :? thought you were getting a hunting dog. :)
Coyotes Forever
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

She has to multi task. She does kick my wifes beagles ass though. :?
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Well it took longer to get ready than it did to get em caught. Caught My first one October 18. I'm gonna pull K-9 traps on sunday and start setting for kitties. All the prep paid off. Got 62 of them put up in less than two months. I might have a couple more before I get them pulled and I'll probly catch a few during cat season but there starting to rub already. It was fun and a butload of hard work.
100_0393.jpg
100_0398.jpg
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Its been a pretty dry fall and early winter here and work is starting to come to a end for the season so I decided to spend most of my free time calling coons were I can, still waiting for deer season to end here and then I'll have more areas to call in..
I put out 2 sets for fox just to see if I still had the touch and managed to pick up one..(not many around) We had a lite dusting of snow and I saw a few more fox tracks and a few coyote tracks as well so today i got ahold of Tim Caven from Mn trap products and ordered a few coyote and fox lures along with some urine I also ordered some"underalls" they go under the trap pan so you don't need a cover or screen. Never used them before so i thought I'd give them a try.. Cousin is going to take out a beaver dam tommorrow so I may set a few traps for them as well and see what developes....later..
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

good going EO. that'll put some jingle in the wifes purse!!
i had time for 8 days of trapping. have'nt done it in 25+ years but with help for PG,Lyonch, i ended up with 2 coyotes,2 fox,4 coons and 1 otter. gotta say, it was fun but not very profitable
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Looking real good EO!! Do you plan on shipping those song dogs to auction, or sell local? Good luck with the cats, and great job wacking those song dogs!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Had a little company on the trap-line.

I picked up a nice female fox and a female coyote on my little trap line.