EVERYBODY READY!!

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

EO caller

EVERYBODY READY!!

Post by EO caller »

Its about that time of year. I realize that some people never stop hunting coyotes but I haven't touched one since early March. Did alot of preparation and scouting. Made waxed dirt for the first time. Actually bought Dye for my traps and used it instead of just boiling them in sagebrush. Did a ton of trap mods including laminating and four coiling and replacing old rusted springs. I"ve even been dabbling in lure making. Whats everybody else been doing to get ready?
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: EVERYBODY READY!!

Post by Coyotehunter »

I have been putting traps out on some of my bigger ranches. 103 deg yesterday. miserable. starting to put up dirt. got a bunch of traps all done. lots of repairs, levers, dogs, replaced springs, got another 3 dozen bridgers modified from Ogromans, with the wimberly drags. still have 2 barrels of traps to go through.......hopefully get more of that done this week.
Coyotes Forever
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Almost forgot my new trapping partner. She is a 8 week old cur. We call her Dee.
Dee.jpg
Dee.jpg (22.26 KiB) Viewed 13429 times
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Made up 300 earth anchors with wolf fangs, made up 200 drowners with pogos on each end, and that is about all i have done so far! This coming weekend will be the dyeing and waxing of my land traps and hopefully tweaking some others. I also plan on wiring a foot switch to my hoist 8) Lets just hope this baby doesn't smoke after i wire it :shock: :lol:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Traps are ready! I have about 25 gallons of waxed dirt, and 50 gallons of dried dirt. I will be setting traps in two weeks! I am hoping for a dry fall!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

LeviM wrote:Traps are ready! I have about 25 gallons of waxed dirt, and 50 gallons of dried dirt. I will be setting traps in two weeks! I am hoping for a dry fall!
Where you live I would think you'd need more like 500 gallons of waxed dirt. :)
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

alteast that much! I need a dry fall or coyote trapping will be done for me early. :cry:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Waxed and dyed setting this week been busy cutting pan covers and boiling and boiling and painting snares not to mention the M-44's god there is a lot to do to keep everything ready!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I have to get going on snares again. just about out of fence snares and only got a couple dozen trail snares made up. I really do not like building snares.........
Coyotes Forever
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

You and me both!!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Cutting pan covers is tedious (sp). Can't imagine keeping the ammount of equipment you guys have going. :? gotta be never ending.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I didn't get the waxing part done this past weekend, but i did get everything boiled and dyed! I alos got all my conibears dipped in primer and only need to dip them in paint now. Now the hard part is getting all these traps set and maintained :shock:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

I'm so ready its driving me freakin bonkers. These last couple of weeks are torture. I'm not waiting for the end of Sept. I'm carpet bombing this M effer on the 23nd and 24th. There is decent hair, I seen it.
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

I have to wait until the middle of Oct. Then I'll head up on the mountain and start trappin coyotes. Traps are all dyed and waxed (didn't get to trap much this summer :x ). Now i'm just hoping for cold weather. :D
Some asshole antelope hunter pulled in my yard last weak and ran over my female mtn cur killing her. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Now i need to find another good female.She was really starting to come along nice. So I am not ready when it comes down to the dog situation.
"God hates a coward"
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Our coyote traps are going in the ground next weekend. I hoping to get about 6 dozen taps in the ground in a full day. Probably not.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"