ammo

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

brandonmlee
coyotehunter

ammo

Post by brandonmlee »

i was wondering what the best ammunition for a .223 remington r-15 carbine would be.. brand and grain?
Skinny Indian
coyotehunter

Re: ammo

Post by Skinny Indian »

brandonmlee wrote:i was wondering what the best ammunition for a .223 remington r-15 carbine would be.. brand and grain?
Well that's a complicated question. There is no one round for everything for any rifle. I'm no expert, but I'd vote that any brand name and widely used round should do the job just fine. Too many people split hairs when it comes to the top performers IMHO. Now make no mistake, I'm not saying a cheap surplus FMJ is just as good as a top of the line bullet-no, by no means, but I'd suggest trying several of the top recommended coyote rounds and just see which one shoots best out of your gun. Even then you're probably splitting hairs when it comes to accuracy, but sometimes the differences can be dramatic. Yet another option could be to load your own with the projectile of your choosing, that way you can get top accuracy. From my experience asking similar questions in several places you'll get "use A" and "use B" while someone else will say "A won't work, I've had it not work before" and whatnot, though admittedly it's not bad on this forum you'll get solid recommendations, but no matter what you'll get personal recommendations all of which will be excellent choices it'll just be a matter of seeing which one shoot betters.
Keep your powder dry.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

good post
Coyotes Forever
brandonmlee
coyotehunter

Post by brandonmlee »

thanks alot for the info... pick up the new rifle today.
Skinny Indian
coyotehunter

Post by Skinny Indian »

Coyotehunter wrote:good post
Thanks!
brandonmlee wrote:thanks alot for the info... pick up the new rifle today.
You're welcome! Glad I could be of help.
Keep your powder dry.