two things about Foxpro Fury GX-7

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

manitobayotes
coyotehunter

two things about Foxpro Fury GX-7

Post by manitobayotes »

this is my first time on the forums and i love it. seems like people know what their talking about. iv been shooting yotes for a good 8 years now. love it.

i just recently purchased the Foxpro Fury. i think its a great effective call. but i got two questions for guys that got experience with them.

1. does anyone else have problems with the volume limit on the howls? i cannot go above 30 for howling. it cuts out. (does anyone recommend external speakers) prey sounds work at any level.

2. does anyone timberwolf hunt with it. i got timberwolves littered on my trail cams. we have tracks walking right across our property. and the CO's fly over monitering the pack. (20 in one pack, 22 in another) (i do have over 12 square miles to hunt on.) and im planning on taking a most of them out this winter and wondering if calling can bring them in? (deer population is poor because of them)
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: two things about Foxpro Fury GX-7

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Yes you can call them in just like coyotes. Foxpro has some good sounds for wolves that you should be able to put on your caller.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
snareit
coyotehunter

Post by snareit »

hmm wolfs now that would be a hoot
manitobayotes
coyotehunter

Post by manitobayotes »

yeah there are so many here. i got two packs on each side of the river at my cabin. one is 9 wolves. and the last i seen the other pack it was 14 but im pretty sure they kicked out the alpha male cause he wanders across our yard every night. and hes by himself on the trail cams. all the rest are still together. theres bounties on them too now. there have been wolves shot with tracking collers on them all the way from north dakota that followed the deer herd up here. i have one wolf that has a collar on him on the trail cam. im guessing its from the states since our conservation officers dont track the wolves here.