Seeing any dogs

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Daryl
coyotehunter

Seeing any dogs

Post by Daryl »

I drove out to Watford City this morning to be best man in a buddies wedding tomorrow and I saw 7 dogs on the way here wondering out in hay fields around bales mousing I assume. Really got me pumped up I may have to get out and give it a try soon. Just thought I would see if anyone else has been seeing any I am alittle bored sitting here in the motel.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Pure Predator
coyotehunter

hay fields hoping

Post by Pure Predator »

Yeah, Daryl

The hay fields seem to be hot... On a walk around the inlaws farm this morning... I found some yote scat... Chock full of Corn.... the field corn is still in its soft state, and they are taking advantage of it....

7 dogs, that would fire me up too....

Mike
Pure Predator
a small pasture, a fine wood hand call, and a slight wind in my face....... Priceless...
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Daryl, I have killed a pile of coyotes around Warford City. Great country to call. I love it over there.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

I got to talk to alot of area farmers while there for the wedding. I made the old Farmers Union stop and did alittle chatting also and got and gave some phone numbers so I am hopeing I will be making a few trips to Watford this year.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I have always done the bulk of my calling over there on public land. I do have some private land to hunt on but alot of guys avoid the public land. Everyone thinks it gets hit so hard they just drive right by. If I have done real wellparkingon a farm approach off of the side of the highway and interstate. These spots get passed up because everyone thinks it is to loud by the road or that they get called often. If I don't see recent wheel marks or foot tracks, I call it.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Good info Jamie I tend to do the same. I like hunting spots to that other will useually think is hit hard or close to roads. We called in a double rigt by a interstate off ramp last year.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I wish I had time to get out of the city and look around for dogs. Hopefully by fall I start hitting the country side.
Last edited by LeviM on Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

i think its time to just start setting dates to go hunt these addicting critters and sticking too them. the worst a fella could get would be a education session.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!