trigger pull

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

kmg
coyotehunter

trigger pull

Post by kmg »

Does anyone know anything about Remington x mark triggers? Is it just a fancy name for an adjustable trigger? Also, what trigger pull do you like? 3 lb is what i was thinking?? the 700 varmint came a little stiff but i dont want any accidental firings either.
kflan22
coyotehunter

Re: trigger pull

Post by kflan22 »

I think you got it right with the fancy name for an adjustable trigger. I like mine between 2.5 and 3 lbs. My experience with the X mark is that you can back it off to its lowest setting and it will probably be around 3 lbs. I think I actually just took that screw right out of my .223 tactical and left it that way. You may be able to further adjust the X mark trigger if it is the 3 screw configuration like the older Remington 700's which I *think it is.
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

X-Mark Pro is a fancy term for "piece of crap".

I hate hate HATE that trigger, the old original 3-screw Remington design was far superior.

Ive worked on a few, they say they can safely be taken down to the 2 lb range, ive found only about half can actually be taken that low safely with just the set screws without actually cracking the trigger open. Most come set anywhere from 5-7 lbs.

I like my triggers in the 20-24 oz. range.
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

There is no sweeter trigger than a 30 year old remington 700 trigger. The x-mark was not an improvement. They're plenty good for most folks but, if you've got your heart set on a 2lb trigger you're SOL. 3 TO 3 1/2 LBS is as low as I've been able to get them. They're also a serious pain to get apart for polishing. I didn't know anyone made snap rings that small. If a person can live with a 3 1/2 pound pull they work fine. I'm a 2 pound guy myself.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I have one on my Rem-700 20x47 lapua.. After market would be better choice but I decided to leave mine on the gun.. I won the V.H. Mr. Coyote shooting contest with it 2 years ago so I guess I'll leave it on.. :mrgreen: