NEED SOME TIPS

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

TTALLON
coyotehunter

NEED SOME TIPS

Post by TTALLON »

im new to the coyote calling i did it late last year and had a little luck bought a new foxpro wildfire call this year and a new howa 1500 22-250 ive had no luck calling in any yotes this yera i think inm doing everything the correct way i pay close attentin to the wind wear scent loc clothing fully camo and spray down with scent killer i walk to all my stands quietly could i be calling to loud or not loud enough i know coyotes r there iv seen them and heard them at nite the land owners have seen them also, I HAVE BEEN USEING THE ADULT COTTONTAIL AND COYOTE PUP IN DISTRESS i think next time im going to try the grey fox distress how long and loud should i call and how good can coyotes hear thanks todd tallon
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: NEED SOME TIPS

Post by lyonch »

If you could tell us where you live, i think that will be the biggest factor in the response that you get. Also if you are hunting heavily covered areas, or the wife open prairies.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
TTALLON
coyotehunter

Re: NEED SOME TIPS

Post by TTALLON »

i live in northern ky we have plenty of yotes but not over run with them and the treeain is open and wooded could i be calling to loud or not loud enough im a pretty avid outdoorsman but theese dogs r freaking smart or im just stuip dont know which yet but im going to keep trying