Texas

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

devildogg
coyotehunter

Texas

Post by devildogg »

Holly crap I finally did it I killed a bobcat in texas. We were driving down a sendaro and about 400yds up a bobcat walked across I grabbed my rifle and jumped in the back of the truck and started calling on a brand new call I just got done making special for this trip. I called for about five minutes or so when all of a sudden there she was standing behind a little patch of white brush. I put the crosshair on her and pulled the trigger it was a close shot only about 50yrds but I had to shoot through that brush. I watched her run for about ten yards then she disappeared in the brush. We tracked her for about fourty yds and there she lay taking her last gasping breaths. It is a beautiful female about thirty pounds with lots of spots on her belly. I was so excited when we found her I have wanted to get a bobcat for many years and it finally happened I think I was screaming like a little girl when we found her n
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Texas

Post by bucksnbears »

awesome DD. i can invision you dancing around and jabbering like a little girl :lol: :lol:
what did you shoot it with??
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

I shot it with my Ar and some 40 gr nosler bt
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Very cool,congrats.Post a pic if you have one.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Congrats Devildog!! If you do not know how to post a picture of it, let me know and i will pull the one off of my phone you sent me and post it here :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i got the same pic Chris.
hey DD, you losing weight??. looked quite svelt in the photo?
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

Hey thanx guys bucks I think it might be trick photography I feel just as portly as ever. Today was a good day a big old hog was standing on the road and I had my rifle in my hand dad missed her twice and I just sat there then I remembered I was holding my gun so I jumped up and started filling her full of little bullets that aren't exactly made for shooting hogs but they did the job. She was a big old sow that weighed just under 200 lbs. Then it was time to pull out the recurve and chase some javelinas. After two stalks I was successful and made a nice quartering shot. Dad also shot a coyote this morning it seemed a lot smaller than the coyotes we have around home it looked like a July coyote. I better get to sleep tomorrow is gonna be another adventure. Hey chris if you would post those pics for me ill buy you a couple cold one thanx man!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

sweet, good work.
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Chris Lyon

devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

Thanks a million chris I owe you big time. Tonight was another adventure I was using the old recurve and snuck up on another javelina I was able to sneak to about 15 yds when he gave me an opening to shoot through. I made a near perfect shot and the little bugger came charging right after me. I has no where to go it is really really thick where I was at and cactus everywhere I missed he twice then he got himself tangled up in the brush and I was able to get another arrow into him and finish him off. Then I set my sights on some real dangerous game I was able to sneak up on a very agitated and aggressive armadillo :D I made a nice shot on him also i don't think that poor little guy knew what hit him I kinda felt bad about shooting him but really wanted a mounted armadillo in my house. Those things have to be the nastiest things ever. Tomorrow we are gonna give 110% and try to kill another bobcat we saw one today but he was there and gone and we couldn't pick him out in all the thick brush again.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Well damon your above post is useless without a picture, so here you go :P

Chris Lyon

EO caller

Post by EO caller »

My wife says Armadillo's carry Leprassi (sp). She's a Vet. Might wanna double glove up to skin that one DD.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

EO caller your absolutely correct thats why I'm making my bro skin it :D
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Then you can make a helmet out of the shell. :D
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"