Smartphone reviews

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

coyotebuster
coyotehunter

Smartphone reviews

Post by coyotebuster »

I'm making the switch to a smartphone, I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the droid or Iphone. What has or has not worked for you guys? I'm also interested in apps that are available and which ones you guys would recommend. Thanks.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Re: Smartphone reviews

Post by Dcoy »

Hi.I'm new to 'Smart Phones' and using me and 'smart' in the same sentence likely will draw comments here but I got a Motorola Droid from Verizon and am very happy with it.I got the cheaper 3G model cause they told me 4G coverage wouldn't be available in my area for quite some time.
I don't have many apps yet but 'Google Earth' is a must and gives you GPS and maps and aerial photos etc.
The google 'browser' also lets you access your favorite websites/forums etc as well.I answer/delete e-mails on the fly now so I don't have to wade through them every evening.
About the best App I've found is Scoutlook Weather.Gives you a great GPS map like google,the weather,sun/moon times,name it it will give it to you including a map showing where your 'scent cone' is blowing.(usually right on).There is a potential problem though but it may be my error-In some locations I don't get coverage and I keep forgetting to contact them cause I think I'm at fault.I'll do it right now though.:-)
Good luck with it-i promise that having had one-you'll never be without it again.