planning canadian hunt

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

doggdown
coyotehunter

planning canadian hunt

Post by doggdown »

Id like to make a trip up there this year and never have. Just curious on rules and regulations up there? Any special license needed to hunt dogs? Also any good public areas you would recommend? Thanks
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: planning canadian hunt

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I have been to Ontario twice calling wolves. Coyotes are far and few between in the western half don't know about the eastern half. If you are seach of coyotes i would find a different place to go but the wolf calling can be wild and crazy. The tags cost the same for wolves and coyotes. If you buy wolf tags and shoot a coyote you have to put your wolf tag on it. A non canadian is allowed up to two wolf tags at $250 a pop so you might as well shoot wolves. The other providences vary on letting non-canadians shoot up to two coyotes to not letting us hunt them at all just check all the regs before you start making decisions on where to go
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
doggdown
coyotehunter

Post by doggdown »

How about a montana wolf hunt? Coming from ND with never being out that way. Is there a good amount of of oublic land that a guy can access? Kinda towards the eastern part of tbe state. Done some checking with tags and such but have yet to find an online map to give me an idea what to expect.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I think the alperta coyote hunting is really good. I know a few guys who have been up there hunting coyote in the winter. tough to get around buts lots of them to hunt. I know they have some different rules then the states so you need to do some checking but I think it would be worth the trouble.
Coyotes Forever
miyote
coyotehunter

Post by miyote »

Coyotehunter wrote:I think the alperta coyote hunting is really good. I know a few guys who have been up there hunting coyote in the winter. tough to get around buts lots of them to hunt. I know they have some different rules then the states so you need to do some checking but I think it would be worth the trouble.
I don't think non-Canadians are allowed to hunt coyotes in Alberta unless they are accompanied by an Alberta resident. I could be wrong but I thought I read that somewhere. Non-Canadians are NOT allowed to hunt coyotes in Saskatchewan unless they go with a paid outfitter/guide.