why so quiet????

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

jaybic
coyotehunter

why so quiet????

Post by jaybic »

Hey fellas,

Say, is it just me or does this site seem particularly quiet? I havent seen a post from lots of familiar names in quite a while. Hell, maybe every one is just busy but it just seems weird to me...Anywho......see ya'll at the Classic!!!!! Cant get here soon enough!

Take care any Merry Christmas to ya all!

Jaybic
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: why so quiet????

Post by Tim Anderson »

I'm here..busy but still look in from time to time..
I think Lyonch is proably up to his neck in beaver. :oops: :shock:
And buck/bears may have gotten eaten by the big bad wolf, I read some where he was hunting them this season or maybe they are hunting him.LOL
I think Levi is tending bar but not sure which side of it he is on. :oops:
and the rest proably just busy...

Had some snow last week and the coyote hunting has been good, coon season was great..
Got rain today which is not so good, have to go out and remake some trap sets and we got a little snow tonight and may be enough to get back after the coyotes...
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

Well Tim, it appears at least one of the "regulars" here(you) is alive. Good to hear you are doing well so far. I have made maybe 10 stands or so since Sept but no takers yet. Having to put the coyote rifles away for the deer hunters and smoke pole enthusiasts is kinda a bummer but thats all over now so I can get serious(as much as that is possible given the HOARDS of coyotes here in SE MN....lol Anyway, I am sure the fellas will chime in as the NDCC gets closer. Are you hunting in the classic this year/or ever?

take it easy!

Jaybic
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Yeah you have some good numbers over where your at. I think Houston county is a top producer..

The numbers are up here again but thats to be exspected since we had such a mild winter last season and did'nt kill as many...
Been seeing coyotes in groups of 3-4-5 and some singles and found mostly up on higher ground.. The deer hunters have most of them pushed out of cover but I'm sure they will start to filter back in shortly then its back to work getting them out again..LOL
Still not enough snow here to cover all the pipes and den holes so most that we get up just run for the nearest hole but we will have the holes or pipes figured out for each coyote and put a cut-off man by each pipe or hole... :mrgreen:

I only do the V.H calling contest and did'nt even make it this year and don't really have plans to do any others.. Too dam far to drive and not enough time to line up some good ground ....
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Busy busy busy! Found out right in the middle coyote trapping season that we were gonna do a house swap. My little family of four lived in a 74 marlette double wide while my dad and his wife lived in a two story five bed three bath house. Well his wife packed up and headed to the city (were she belongs) so we did the switch. It took forever. lots of work and in the proscess I broke my ankle. I still kept packing crap from one house to the other though. Duct tape and my good hunting boots made a fine cast. But it took a good chunk of time out of prime time trapping. I think I'm in the mid forties number wise. Bout half of last year but oh well. I think we had a early dispersal due to very mild weather.Been battleing the mud. Caught my first couple of cats this week so that was fun. The only camera I have is my phone. Need to email them to mself and get them posted. Anyway just thought I'd let ya know I'm still alive and kicking.(One footed).
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

What a coincidence! I only got one foot too....and its detachable! Wait, time for a recount...no, I have three legs, one of which is OEM, two other detachables and 4 feet..yep thats it.... :D
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I am in florida with the kids......warm with a bit of rain last night. been running mainly trail snares this fall with little to know calling. its very slow. I always think of cold weather getting dispersal moving and day light hours.....not warm weather. the Classic is filling up....4 more registrations this week. anyone following the gun talks over the latest school shooting?
coyotebuster
coyotehunter

Post by coyotebuster »

I don't post much but still check the site fairly often. Both my dad and I have MN wolf tags so we have been staying busy, have to say IMO wolves are probably the toughest critter there is to hunt in these parts. Definitely a learning experience. I have been watching the news quite a bit, its sickening how one sided the media is. This morning a reporter for MSNBC named Elijah Cummings actually said that in his neighborhood an AR type rifle is easier to buy than a pack of cigarettes. Talk about total bull SH!$ ! Went out and bought my AR the other day just in case the ban does pass.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I have been hearing some real crazy....uninformed individuals talking about how banning the sale of assualt rifles would stop all the violance. You cant put the genie back in the bottle. unless they r going to start going from house to house to take are guns i do not see how preventing the sale of "assualt" rifles will have any effect what so ever.