new suppressor law in wyoming

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: new suppressor law in wyoming

Post by Tim Anderson »

Yes you are correct. I can still own one though, just can't keep it in this state.. Switch barrel rifle comes to mind. Happen to have two actions set up for it..
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Just ordered a Gemtec Dagger suppressor for the .243 wssm. Looks like about $1050.00 for the suppressor
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

WOW!!!!! That's a lot of furs or gas money, think I'll just stick with a 17 centerfire.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

About 2 cats when it's all said and done.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Hadn't been to the GemTech site for awhile but just read up on the Dagger.Sounds good.
I have a titanium Sandstorm and the steel(heavy but cheap)Trek.Love em both.
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

My paper work got sent in two weeks ago to ATF. I went through Dakota silencers, and did it through a trust. It was so much easier and didn't have to get printed or deal with a sheriff signing off on it.. And being it don't have kids I pasted it to my calling partner... Plus I can add and change things anytime.... I got the Varminter 2.0 titanium in .308 size so I can use with my .243AI and anything else I want. A tad longer and heavier than the .223 size but worth the extra cash!!! I am into it for 1055.00 with the feds stamp..

They said they have been seeing the turn around time on there stuff in 90-120 days if you go through a trust!! Great guys to work with and very easy to fill out paper work!!!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I see MN. now has a Bill in the house to allow the use of a suppressor and the Dem.'s are backing it.. Cool but I won't get one till the price of them drops to about half or less of what they sell for now.....
Cuts Crooked
coyotehunter

Post by Cuts Crooked »

Hmmm? Interesting thread!

I have little interest in suppressed hunting, in large measure because I can't use them in Iowa, but also because what I've seen of suppressors they really don't make a rifle all that quite anyway. The supersonic CRACK is still a danged loud noise! And they seem a bit awkward, hanging out there on the end of the barrel.

But I ran across this today while surfing and found it to be fascinating!, No big can hanging on the end of the barrel at all, excellent concept. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBORz_9Qyzg I realize that he's shooting subsonic, but this one actually seems to to do a superb job of keeping the sound levels down!
Warning: A lot of "advertizing hype" to get through in this vid.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Nice vid.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Very cool. Looks very compact. Gemtech offers some internally suppressed calibers.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Haven't been around awhile,too busy killing em. :D (god I love this time of year!!!!-and that's without having a dog of my own.A situation I may remedy by next year.)
Anyway to each their own but IMO there is NO downside to suppressors other than expense.Your rifle will be as,if not more accurate.(see studies at Accurate Shooter or the 'Hide');it WILL protect your hearing to a significant degree;and in some situations WILL increase your success when dealing with multiples.The latter point is controversial but over time,with use of suppressors in many situations involving multiples,you will just see.If you keep records of 'multiples' you'll see fairly quickly.
Coyotes aren't like deer(rarely scared by shots when suppressed) but there still is an advantage.Again,with time it WILL be evident.Right or wrong,good or bad,that's what I KNOW based on PERSONAL experience.
All personal choice and from a selfish standpoint,urge you not to buy or use one. :lol:
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

when using a 17 center fire you don't need a suppresser to kill multiple coyotes or at least I don't.... keep shots to a minimum and call back what you missed on the first round.. :D Oh and if you can't then perhaps you need a suppresser.. :lol:
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Hilarious.I'll be chuckling awhile on that. :lol:
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Less recoil, LESS noise (which in my experience is helpful when hunting) and might be worth a extra coyote or two over the course of a season.