South Texas

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

devildogg
coyotehunter

South Texas

Post by devildogg »

Dad and I are going to be going to south Texas in less than two. We are going to hunt another new ranch this year hopefully we will find some piggies and some bobcats. I'll post some pics if we are successful.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: South Texas

Post by Coyotehunter »

how many years have u been going down there?
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

I think this is my 8th trip. Every year we meet some new people and make some new friends. We have quite a few places to hunt down there now compared to the first year I went down there. The ranch we r going to hunt this year is 20000 acres and it's just my dad and I bow or gun anything goes. Hopefully it's not a bust you never know what your getting into until you get down there and do some snooping around. But I have hunted with this guy before and he is a very honest man and has takin care of us before and we had the best hunt we ever had down there so I looking forward to this trip. I just have to make it through 4 more days of work!!!!!
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

Dad and I strike on our first day in texas

Dad shot his at about 8:30 in the am and he shot it at 15 steps. The second one I shot at 11:30 pm I tried to talk dad into coming with me but he was tooooo tired. I bet he don't turn me down next time hahahaha
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Congrats on the two Cats..
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

Sorry for the crumby pics but it was late. So dad and I went out again tonight and the first set we called in 2 gray fox and I flat out missed a 30yd shot WTF I suck but he just ran and stood in the brush for a second and I got another shot and wounded him and couldnt find him. Then on the second set a pair of eyes show up and it's a cat and I was gonna give dad the shot when he stood up he couldn't see the eyes and thought it was gone and then there was some miscommunication between the two of us and I wait for a shot and wait for a shot and nothing I look up at him and he is just standing there looking around I whispered shoot and the cat finnally had enough and left errrr errrrrrrrrr!!!! So dad says he is cold and want to go in so I drop him off and tried to talk him into coming with but he said no. So I drive down the road a half mile from camp and start to call and a coyote comes in bang flop then about 3 min later there are some more eyes coming in I wait it gets to about 100 yds and I can see it's mr kitty bang flop. So of course I have to go back and rub this in a little and he called me some bad words and congratulated me too. So here is another bad night pic.

devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

Apparently I don't know how to take a pic either sorry about that guys. Hahaha
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

God bless Texas!!!! Hahahaha
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

Maybe this one will work. Haha
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

In second pic. whats that green box under the rifle????
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

Tim shhhh secret weapon hahahahaha
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Aaaah.. I bet its a rear gunstock support for those long range shots..
How do you like it???
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

Oh you know it's just your average run of the mill ordinary electronic game call. Hehehe I have used it a bunch down here so much that I am sick of hearing adult cotton tail. I did use it some this year at home and had success but it is so hard for me to put down my hand calls. All of the hand calls I use except for two r ones that I have turned and tuned myself my own tone boards and reeds that I cut. But it's a different world down in Texas it is so thick I decided to get an electronic caller and use that instead to get the sound away from me for those sneaky cats.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Atta boy wow looks like a fantastic trip!!!!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Sweet